Search for content in message boards

Jean I Walsh, b. 1918, d. 1988

Jean I Walsh, b. 1918, d. 1988

Posted: 11 Apr 2013 9:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gordon, Walsh
I am trying to trace my first cousin 2x removed whose father Robert Gordon (brother to my great-grandfather) moved to Illinois in 1911 and became a naturalised US citizen in 1918. She was born Jean Ingram Gordon in Cook County, Illinois. She had an older brother (Robert William Gordon) who died aged 8 in Chicago. I think she went to New Trier High School and was planning to attend Lawrence Uni in Appleton, Wisconsin but never went.

The trail has gone cold, latest record I have is 1940 Census when she was living in New Trier, Illinois, with her parents (Robert and Jane Gordon), aged 21.

I have found a death record for a Jean I Walsh, with the right birthday who died in Sturgeon Bay, Door, Wisconsin, on August 15th 1988. I have attached this record, which shows "Cert Number" down the left. Does anyone know how I could get the full death certificate to see if it provides more details to know if this is my relative?

I am very keen to discover who she married and if she had children (who might be alive and contactable!)

If anyone can help, I'd be very grateful!
Thanks so much,
Brian
Attachments:

Re: Jean I Walsh, b. 1918, d. 1988

Posted: 11 Apr 2013 9:19PM GMT
You can obtain an non-certified copy of a dc here:http://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/vitalrecords/death.htm.

You might want to post a request on the Door, Wisconsin board and see if someone might have a look at the record, if that's possible. Every county has different rules of what can be reviewed. Obviously, you're interested in parentage, so include that in your query.

Posted: 11 Apr 2013 9:37PM GMT
The info on it will only be as good as the informants' knowledge.

A dc of that vintage should have relatively detailed data, date and place of birth, parents, cause of death.

The county seat of Door County is Sturgeon Bay. If you post on the Door (county) board, ask if anyone who frequents the court house in Sturgeon Bay, might look at the record for you and relay the data. You never know..........

Posted: 13 Apr 2013 12:22AM GMT
The U.S. Social Security Death Index (available on Ancestry.com) lists a "Jean I. Walsh" who died on 15 August 1988 whose birth date was 17 September 1918. Her original Social Security application was made prior to 1951 in Illinois. Her last residence was in Sturgeon Bay (Door County), Wisconsin.

Does that date of birth match anything you may have found for her?

Information on another web site shows a possible spouse: John E. Walsh (born 18 April 1919; died 6 August 1992), whose last residence was also Sturgeon Bay.

I've also searched for online obituaries, newspaper articles, and burial information but have not found anything yet.

Does any of this (limited) information help with a match?

Posted: 13 Apr 2013 2:02PM GMT
This post was deleted by the author on 13 Apr 2013 5:59PM GMT

Posted: 13 Apr 2013 2:35PM GMT
Thanks very much, I had the majority of this already but there are a couple of details that corroborate with recent info I have discovered. Thanks very much for looking, I think I am getting there!
BG

Posted: 13 Apr 2013 3:55PM GMT
John,
Many thanks indeed for the reply. Some of the info you have provided I had, but much of it is new, so thank you. I am very impressed with your findings, do you mind me asking if you have a connection to this family? Are you a local historian or a keen amateur?

Thanks again, I am closing in on finding some living rellys!! :-)
Brian
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions