Search for content in message boards

looking for birth family

looking for birth family

Posted: 17 May 2013 2:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
I was born December 5, 1972 in Superior, WI. I was adopted when I was 3 mos. old. All I know of my birth family is that my mother was approximately 37 years old, had 7 other children and the oldest was a son who was 18 at the time. If this family structure sounds familiar to anyone, please help me. I tried to contact my mom through the state approximately 10 years ago and she refused contact saying that too much time had passed. I'm hoping perhaps some of my siblings would be willing to contact me.

Re: looking for birth family

Posted: 2 Jun 2013 1:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Angela, Ancestry.com has several adoption message boards and I wonder if you might want to post your message on one of those as well. Some volunteers focus on adoption searches and might be able to help you, especially if you know your birth mother's name or know the surname of the family. Obviously with so little info stated here, no volunteer can help you. Only a family member could recognize your post, and it's a real long shot that any of them would be reading a genealogy message board and choose to read this thread. If you can post a name, then anyone doing a general "Google" search would find your post as a "hit." Even a more descriptive title might have a chance of drawing them in - like "7 siblings in Superior, Wisconsin in 1972." Your current title "looking for birth family" applies to millions of people. I know we can't post identifying information, but I think you can say more than you did. A board administrator might be able to help you decide how much to say.
Hoping you can connect - a volunteer
per page

Find a board about a specific topic