Search for content in message boards

Family Tree Name

Family Tree Name

Posted: 16 Oct 2010 9:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
How do I change my family tree name?
How do I change my name, I have a lower case letter for the start of my first name andI want to make it a capital.....I don't see a way to do either.

Re: Family Tree Name

Posted: 16 Oct 2010 11:08PM GMT
Click on Tree Settings; it will pull up a box with the name and you can type what you want in that.

Posted: 17 Oct 2010 12:59AM GMT
If you want to change your name in the tree, pull your tree up and then hover your mouse over your name. You will see the word edit. Click on edit and it will allow you to change your letter's or even the whole name.

Posted: 17 Oct 2010 4:30PM GMT
Hmmmm, that didn't work for me. Is this at ancestry.com...?

Posted: 18 Oct 2010 1:51PM GMT
Sean,
To change the name of one of your Ancestry trees, left click on "Family Trees" on the menu bar at the top of your Ancestry Home Page (or you can hover and then click on "more"!)

A list of all of your trees should appear. On the line beneath the tree name you have the option to "Manage Tree", click on this. You can then edit the tree name.

To change your Ancestry username look at the top of your Ancestry home page you should see "Hi *username* Sign Out | Messages | ..."

Click on the *username* and your profile page should appear.

There is a large green button "Edit name and location", click this to edit your user name.

Posted: 18 Oct 2010 1:52PM GMT
Oops! I meant Shaun! Sorry.

Posted: 18 Oct 2010 2:06PM GMT
I think Shaun wants to change his Ancestry username, not an entry in his tree?

Posted: 23 Oct 2010 1:17PM GMT
Thanks everyone. For some reason what is working for some does not work for others. By using some of what everyone said I located a way to change the name of my family tree.

home person (me) - family tree name - tree settings
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions