Search for content in message boards

Julius J. Cole, Benton County, TN

Julius J. Cole, Benton County, TN

Posted: 26 Dec 2008 4:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for ancestors of Julius Jackson Cole of Benton County, Tennessee.

Re: Julius J. Cole, Benton County, TN

Posted: 26 Dec 2008 7:57PM GMT
Is this Julius b 18 Nov 1836 TN m on 17 Jun 1856 Benton, Polk, TN Eliza E Marchbanks? A tree at Ancestry shows her as d/o Reuben Marchbanks 1779 NC - 1858 Benton & Elizabeth Pierce 1805 NC - 1881 Benton. Shows Julius' father as Julius Jackson b 1802 ca NC & wife Elinda Lyle/Liles, s/o Lloyd Cole & Elizabeth Hobbs. Hope this helps a bit. Vicky in AZ

Posted: 27 Oct 2009 7:20PM GMT
Surnames: Cole
Julius Jackson Cole Sr was the son of Loyd Cole. A big group of Coles moved from Wake County NC to the Humphreys County TN area about 1826. Loyd was the son of John Cole of Hillsborough, Wake County who was the son of Mark Cole who was a miller in Fayetteville. His father was Stephen Cole of Chester, PA.

Julius Jackson also had a son Julius Jackson Cole Jr.

(I am a descendant of Julius Sr. through his son Calvin Cole.)

Posted: 25 Jan 2010 5:54PM GMT
Surnames: Cole
Hello,
This is weird, because my great-grandpa is Julius A. Cole from Camden, TN which is in Benton County... He was married to Elizabeth Bivens... my mother remembers him, she called him Paw-paw and said that he was real tall and skinny :-)
Their children were Eddie (a sister), William, Fred, and Ernest (my Grandpa)...
Ernest was the youngest, and he was born in 1919, but I don't know when his Daddy, Julius Adolphus Cole was born... but its sure weird that there were two Julius Coles in Benton county back then... do you know anything about Julius A. Cole...? I'm just new at this geneaology search stuff... :-) Thanks....

Posted: 29 Jan 2010 7:50PM GMT
There were several Julius Cole's in Camden area. We are descended from some of them. One of our relatives was married at one time to an Ernest Cole. What was your grandmother's name? Our relative was Edna Mai Elmore. She had been married before and had a son named Jimmy. Does any of this mesh with any of your records.

Posted: 29 Jan 2010 9:23PM GMT
Howdy,
Oh, yes... Ernest Cole is my grandpa... I only met him once, as he and my grandma were divorced... and he died when I was young...
Ernest was married to my grandma, Janet Elaine Wilcoxson, and my mother, Lanie Sue Cole is their daughter... they divorced when my Mom was young... then he married Edna Mae... they had a daughter, Doris Ann Cole also... and as you said, Edna Mae had Jimmy McKeel from a previous marriage...
I know that Julius Adolphus Cole was Ernest's father... thats the name that my mom remembers... though she called him Paw-paw...
I think that Robert Cole was his father, and Julius Jackson Cole was his grandpa... but I'm not sure...
So, you're kin to Edna Mae...???? She was a really nice lady... I stayed with her one weekend when my Uncle Skinner Hudson passed away...
Do you kow Doris Ann??? If you're kin to her mother, Im sure she would like to meet you...
This genealogy stuff is fun... :-)
Thank you for the reply....
Katie Helms
akatiehelms@hotmail.com

Posted: 2 Feb 2010 9:21PM GMT
There were several Julius Coles in the area back then--the original Julius literally had dozens of grandchildren. I don't have them all recorded, but those Coles were fruitful and multiplied, that's for sure. And my Coles are all very tall and lanky. My great-grandfather had six brothers, and I think they were all over six feet. I even had two great-aunts (his daughters) that were six feet tall. So your great-grandpa came by it naturally!

Posted: 3 Feb 2010 11:45PM GMT
Oh, thank you for telling me all of that, I called my Mom, Lanie Sue Cole, and she was so tickled to hear about your message... Thanks...

Posted: 30 Oct 2012 3:04AM GMT
My Father was James Harold Cole born in Bruceton, Tn. and later moved to Mcewen, Humphreys County, Tn. His father was Chester O.Cole of Bruceton son of Julius Cole, grandson of Loyd or Kinchen Cole. I will be going this week or next to try and get the book Cole, Cole, and more coles. My email address is bridgetcoleholt@yahoo.com. would love to hear from you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic