Search for content in message boards

Christiancy family of Monroe

CHRISTIANCY

Posted: 20 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jan 2006 2:33AM GMT
Surnames: Christiancy
Hi Candace... There is an article in The History of Monroe by Talcott E. Wing, 1890 on Isaac Christiancy, with a xerox picture of him. It is 2 pages long and way too much to type here. If you'd like to email me your address I'll xerox it and drop it in the mail to you. It only mentions Henry in a couple of lines. If it's something you want email me at:
mike702@ix.netcom.com

Regards..... Mike

Christiancy family of Monroe

Posted: 20 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 4:59AM GMT
Am working on a book of biography. Searching for information about the family of Civil War Colonel Henry C. Christiancy from Monroe, Monroe County. Was he the son of U.S.Senator Isaac Christiancy? All assistance is much appreciated.

Re: Christiancy family of Monroe

Posted: 5 Feb 2013 11:06PM GMT
Edited: 6 Feb 2013 1:37PM GMT
Surnames: Christiancy, Lugenbeel
Yes, William P. Christiancy was the son of Isaac Peckham
Christiancy. I am the great granddaughter of Isaac. My
father William B. was Lillian Christiancy's son. Lillian
was the daughter of Isaac P. Christiancy and Lillian
Lugenbeel, his second marriage in Washington, D.C... My
father's Mother Lillian was the only child of this marriage, and my father was the only child of Lillian
Christiancy, dtr. of Isaac. Isaac was considerably older
than Lillian Lugenbeel...believe she was only 19 when she
met the elderly Isaac in D.C. He was critized greatly for
this relationship, in the press, which took a toll on his
character.

Posted: 5 Feb 2013 11:11PM GMT
Edited: 6 Feb 2013 1:38PM GMT
Surnames: Christiancy, Pickett
Thanks very much. Colonel Christiancy's daughter Ida married Gen. George Pickett's son. A strange combination of the children of enemies at Gettysburg. They made an agreement to never, ever discuss the war in their home and they never did.

Posted: 5 Jan 2014 8:13PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jan 2014 4:07PM GMT
Surnames: Christiancy, McCloskey
Hi, I'm a Washington DC history researcher and blogger who - you all may be upset to learn - is writing about the Christiancy scandal. Lillian had no children by Isaac. William Penn Christiancy was born in 1847, the son of Isaac and his first wife, Elizabeth McCloskey, who he married in November of 1839, They had eight children in total. James, Victor, Benjamin, John, George, William, Laura and Mary.

Isaac didn't even go to Washington til 1875 or so. He met Lillian at the boarding house where they both lived. She had worked in the Bureau of Printing and Engraving and was only 20 to his 63 or 64 years. They married February 8, 1876. She told him she wanted a divorce on their WEDDING NIGHT. He denied it to her. And the fireworks began...

I am quite sure of all my information - I am going on original old records. Lillian never had any children. She died very tragically in New York. I will be happy to share personal information with her descendents. Thanks, Cecily - cecilyhd@aol.com

Posted: 5 Jan 2014 8:17PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jan 2014 4:05PM GMT
Postscript: : Isaac Christiancy’s brother William married a woman named Lucy, and they named their daughter Lillian. Lillian Christiancy born 1886 or so in Lansing.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions