Search for content in message boards

Irish Brewsters

Irish Brewsters

Posted: 15 Dec 2002 5:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Patrick Brewster and his wife Catherine McEvilly (There appears to be thousands of variations on the spelling!) came to Scotland from Ireland about 1853/4 with their children. One of the sons, Alexander gives his birth place as County Mayo. Anyone working with this family. I would love to know where in County Mayo

Re: Irish Brewsters

Eileen Brewster Nelson (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 2003 4:32AM GMT
My Grandfather,Edward Brewster b.1842,coMayo-[to US in 1870]
-His Father Wm b.1816, chr. Hollymount Ch.& moved to Eng.
-His father Edward, b.1787 & Anne McGreal & Brother Alexander, b.1785 & Mollie Brown [their fam. to Canada]
-their Father William b. 1749, Scot.wife Nancy Roycroff
& brother Alexander b.?1750 Scot.wife(?)moved to No Ire.
& then on to co Mayo
& Alexander b.1750,Grandfather [his son,RobertB.& Catherine
Cochlen]
-of your Patrick Brewster(who mar.Catherine McEvilly &
returned to Scotland
I have the history of these 2 families: William & Alexander whose parents were [?Bridget]Miller & [?Alexander] Brewster of No Ireland & Scotland, in the Linen bus.
Send me your e-mail & I will send you a 39ppsummary of them.

Sheilagh (View posts)
Posted: 10 Oct 2003 3:11AM GMT
Surnames: Brewster, Irvine
I also have Irish Brewsters. Great grandfather William Brewster - Born 1812 Maquiresbridge, Fermanagh Co. married Sarah Irvine borne October 26, 1819 Irvinestown, Fermanagh Co. Landed I think in New York, went on to Ontario. Do we have a connection? Sheilagh

B. Brewster (View posts)
Posted: 11 Oct 2003 5:01PM GMT
Surnames: Brewster
Hello. I am looking for a William E. (possibly Edward, Edwin, or Edmond) Brewster who was supposed to have come to the US from Ireland. He is my "brick wall".
The only info we have on him is that he got married sometime between 1883-1885 in (probably) KY, AL,IN, or TN to a Annie Maddox and that they had twin boys born in 1885 or 1887 in TN (William E. and Charles E.). The couple divorced sometime in that period and he may have left for CA.
I know this is a longshot but perhaps someone searching for Irish Brewsters has him in their records. Thanks!

Posted: 20 Feb 2004 1:46AM GMT
Hello,

I am sort of new to the geneology research. I am really starting from a point where my Uncle has provided me with his research. According to the records given to me by my uncle I am related to Alexander (b1785). I would very much like a copy of your 39pg document.

Thanks in advance....Dan Scales
pocono_java_junkie@myway>com

Posted: 9 Jul 2004 12:15PM GMT
Edited: 2 Oct 2005 1:51PM GMT
We are relations from Can-- would like to talk with you.

Kieron Brewster (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2005 7:09PM GMT
Please can anyone help me, I am searching for any records about my great-grandfather, his name is James Brewster, I have my grandfather's birth certificate and it states he was a soldier and then on his marriage certificate he is a groom, my grandfather was born 1887 and lived in Ballynultagh Shillelagh.
I have tried to search for him a number of times only to come up against a brick wall.

Posted: 22 Mar 2005 11:28AM GMT
Edited: 2 Oct 2005 1:51PM GMT
Sorry mine don't seem to match up with your Brewsters at present. ALEXANDER2 BREWSTER (1) was born circa 1785 Co. Mayo, Ireland. He married Jane Brown before 1835 Ballinrobe, Co. Mayo, Ireland. He died on Oct 16, 1857 Co. Mayo, Ireland. Jane (Molly ) came to the States and some of her family came to ON.

Kieron Brewster (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2005 3:53PM GMT
Surnames: Brewster Cleary
Hi Pauline,
thanks for the reply, to be honest I think I'm going to struggle with this, I heard a whisper that we might have a skeleton in the wardrobe.

Posted: 27 Aug 2009 8:41PM GMT
Hi, I am a direct descendant of Patrick Brewster and Catherine McEvilly ( I know what you mean about the spellings! ) and Alexander, their son.

I have been able to do some research around this area and would be willing to share my family tree with you ( although not exactly sure how you do that yet! )

Realise this is a response to an old post but hope you are still interested?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions