Search for content in message boards

between subscriptions

between subscriptions

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 3:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello.

I currently have the intro 2 week freebie subscription, but I plan to cancel when that is finished and re-subscribe for a month here and there when I have time/holidays.

Am I able to see my tree properly in between subs, including sources and facts attached, or should I download/print everything while I can?

What is the best way of indicating to other people that information in my tree is not necessarily a 'fact' but still still under investigation?

Cheers,
Anita

Re: between subscriptions

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 4:23AM GMT
Hi Anita,

You'll still be able to access your tree. You won't be able to view any records you've attached to it if you've attached only links. You should download any records to your computer that you might wish to view or use later.

You can use the description fields for records to make notes about the information they provide, including pointing out differences between various records for a given person, and whether you feel the information is conclusive or more research is needed. The description field is rather limited in the amount of text you can put in it, though. You can use the "stories" feature to record more lengthy notes. Other researchers may have other helpful suggestions so you'll need to see what works best for you.

Happy hunting! :)

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 5:03AM GMT
Thank you for your help, bonedigger.

I'll start attaching a note to the people that are un-verified, as I'd hate to mislead others with my 'maybees'. I have seen some rants on the board about 'copy-and-pasters'.

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 5:12AM GMT
Yeah, there's been a lot of ranting about that. Everyone has to start somewhere, though, and everyone makes mistakes. Even the ranters aren't immune. :)

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 5:30AM GMT
It looks fairly obvious to a newbie like me that if there aren't any books attached...then it has to be looked into.
Ha, the ancestors were probably off dilly-dallying with the milkman anyway, and nobody will ever know... :))
per page

Find a board about a specific topic