Search for content in message boards

Edward and Clara (LaRose) Proue

Edward and Clara (LaRose) Proue

Posted: 28 Dec 2013 12:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for any information on Edward Proue married to Clara LaRose. He died or left and she married a Roach who later died. Edward would have been born around 1860 and died between 1890 and 1897.

Re: Edward and Clara (LaRose) Proue

Posted: 28 Dec 2013 6:39PM GMT
Where in Wisconsin did he live?

Posted: 29 Dec 2013 11:56PM GMT
Edited: 30 Dec 2013 3:41PM GMT
I see you're a beginner of sorts, and I'll (try) and go easy ;).

I found your tree to get a better idea of where you are in your search. (best to include the link to your public tree in your post, if you don't have it listed in your profile). I understand why you posted on this board; in your tree, Thomas Roach, s/o DANIEL (or David) Roach & Clara Larose (her 2nd out 3 marriages) is cited as being born in Wisconsin in the 1900 Census, correct?). If you research Thomas Roach, b 1897, you'll find he cites his place of birth as Iron River, Bayfield, Wisconsin in his WW1 draft registration. You now have a specific location to start searching in.

I found quite a of bit of data on the Larose line, and have been able to assert Clara's parentage w/o the marriage record to Edward Proue, however, this record should be the one to find to assert his parentage. Clara's 2nd & 3rd marriages occurred in Bayfield County, Wisconsin. I use an ACOM public tree to allow the data I'm collecting to be viewed in context, here is the link to "Clara Deguire dite Larose Proulx Roach Arseneau's" profile. She's the key to the puzzle by the way. http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/29249304/person/26072333351

I'll look into the Proulx ("Proue" is a variation of the standardized FC "Proulx") when I have a chance, but perhaps you can see from the data I have, where to look for more.

Posted: 3 Jan 2014 2:47PM GMT
Thank you for the reply and the wonderful information! Yes, I'm pretty green behind the ears but I'm trying.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic