Search for content in message boards

Wiliam Kilps Info

Wiliam Kilps Info

Posted: 28 Dec 2013 10:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kilps
Looking for any info about William Kilps of Wisconsin, possibly from Dane Cty. Born 1861 and was married to a woman named Augusta (maiden name unknown). Father's name is possibly Frank Kilps. Looking for any other details, especially place of birth, wife's maiden name, and the names of his parents including their lineage (which is possibly German-Austrian).

Re: Wiliam Kilps Info

Posted: 29 Dec 2013 3:08AM GMT
Found the following:

William Kilps b: 7/1860 married Augusta Wentland b: 4/1869 buried Arlington Cemetary Wisconsin.
Children according to the Wisconsin birth index: Milwaukee
Frank Edward 9/28/1889 ( m: Clara had daughter Shirley)
Benjamin Casper 12/23/1890 (married Delia Craptree son Reginald)
Rose Johanna 3/26/1896
Esther M.L. 7/21/1897

1870 Huron Houghton Michigan (family is listed as Kelps, fairly certain this is the family you are looking for as I found a tree on ancestry with the same information.)

Frank Kelps 42 Prussia
Mary Kelps 42 Prussia
Frank Kelps 12 Prussia
William Kelps 10 WIsconsin
Gretchen Kelps 7 Wisconsin
John Kelps Michigan
Caspar Kelps Michigan
Peter Kelps Michigan

Most of these children end up in Milwaukee Wisconsin

Hope this gives you some help and a direction in which to search for more information.

Posted: 29 Dec 2013 4:27AM GMT
From familysearch.org

"Wisconsin, Marriages, 1836-1930"
Name: Wilhelm Klips
Spouse's Name: Auguste Wendland
Event Date: 23 Jun 1887
Event Place: Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States

Father's Name: Franz Klips
Mother's Name: Marie Streeter

Spouse's Father's Name: Wilhelm Wendland
Spouse's Mother's Name: Bertha Dorchs

Findagrave.com
http://goo.gl/U8ax1L

Death notice of Augusta Kilps
http://goo.gl/St6J39

Death notice of William Kilps
http://goo.gl/b4QPlS

Posted: 30 Dec 2013 5:57AM GMT
Thanks. The family name going from Kilps to Kelps really helps. I am the great-grandchild of Benjamin Casper and Della Crabtree. They had two sons, Reginald (Reggie), and James Russell who is my grandfather. James married Dorothy Lillian Johnston, and they had one daughter Jamie Lorraine, who is my mother.

Posted: 30 Dec 2013 6:06AM GMT
Very helpful, thanks.

Re: Kilps found in Milwaukee's German Newspapers Index

Posted: 1 Jan 2014 3:12PM GMT
Surnames: Kilps
There are death notices in Milwaukee's German newspapers for a Mrs. Augusta Kilps in March 1931, and a Willie Kilps in April 1892. (I don't own these clippings)

Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related item (1844-1950); an ongoing independent project originated in 2007, and continuing to be compiled and edited by Gary R. Rebholz in 2014.

Posted: 15 Jul 2014 1:18AM GMT
Frank (Franz) Kilps' 1st wife was Mary/Maria Des Forges (interesting that William gave her name as Marie Streeter on his marriage record). Frank and Marie/Maria married c1857 in Prussia. Marie/Maria died June 5, 1874 in Perkinsville, Houghton Co., MI and is buried in Forest Hill Cemetery in Houghton Co., MI. Frank remarried Theresa Grenz c1875. Frank and Maria had 6 children - Frank, William (Wilhelm), John, Casper, Peter "Pete" and Katherine "Katie". Frank and Theresa had 8 children - Lina/Lena, Helen Margaretha, Michael Frank, Henry, John Frank, Mathias John "Math" or "Matt", Sophia (?) and Joseph. Frank was born 1826 and died May 11, 1898 in Port Washington, Ozaukee County, WI of bronchitis. Port Washington Star published May 14, 1898, "Frank Kilps, one of our old and best known citizens, died Wednesday morning after a long illness, aged 72. A wife and several children survive him. Funeral was held yesterday morning." Frank must have moved from Michigan to Wisconsin c1871-1875. My mother-in-law's aunt was married to Mathias John Kilps. He had 5 children and a 6th on the way when he disappeared one day (July 1929) and was never heard from again.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic