Search for content in message boards

Jacob Nissen

Jacob Nissen

Posted: 8 Apr 2008 7:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Nissen, Sorensen, Kunstmann, Knudsdatter
My g-g-g-grandfather Jacob Nissen was born in May 1827 in Aabenraa, Denmark the son of Nis Nissen & Maria Catharina Kunstmann.
He was married to Andrea Sorensen in 1856, Aabenraa. She wasthe daughter of Niels Sorensen & Anna Knudsdatter. She was born in 1831.
They had 6 children. Jacob & Andrea emigrated to Australia in 1882 with 1 of their daughters. Another daughter had emigrated 4 years previously.
Two sons died in infancy.
I am after information on another daughter Anne Christine Nissen who was born in 1860 in Aabenraa & a son, Nis Sorensen Nissen born in 1869, also in Aabenraa.
I have found no evidence so far of those 2 children emigrating to Australia.
Any information would be greatly appreaciated.

Tanya

Re: Jacob Nissen

Posted: 17 Apr 2008 4:30PM GMT
I found a couple of things
1. On the 1860 census of Bedsted, Sonder Rangstrup, Aabenraa, Denmark:
Jacob Nissen, 33, married, laborer, born in Hellevad Parish, Aabenra
Andrea Nissen, born Sorensen, married, wife, born in Nordlogum Logumkloster
Anne Cathrine Nissen, age 2, daughter, born in Bedsted, Aabenraa

2.1834 census of Hellevad Parish, Aabenraa:
Nis Nissen, 58, married, born in Hjarbroe
Marie Chathrine Kausmann, 54, married, born in Angel*
Christine Nissen, 15, single, daughter, born in Oersleben**
(none of the above birthplaces are in Denmark, and since Aabenraa is on the boarder with Germany, they may be in Germany)
*There is an Angel in Schleswig-Holstein, which is the Germany part connected to Denmark.
**I did a google search on Oersleben, and got ONE hit, which was a Schleswig-Holstein prison. Go there and translate it into English (there was a connecting button on the original hit). And it lists the names of the people there, but it stopped at the K's and didn't get to Nissen, but you could probably go there. Let me know if you can't get into it, and I can try.

I'm going to see if I can find out more for you.
Best wishes,
Lori B

Posted: 17 Apr 2008 5:23PM GMT
I found two more things:
Christening record from Hellevad Parish records, Aabenraa-Sonderborg County, Denmark (from FamilySearch.org, IGI, extracted local record information, film # 42779)
Jacob Nissen, Christened: 17 Jun 1827 in Hellevad Parish, Aabenraa-Sonderborg, Denmark. Father: Nis Nissen, mother: Marie Catharine Kunzman

Christening record of another child from the same parents:
Hans Nissen, Christened: 20 August 1834 in Hellevad Parish, Aabenraa-Sonderborg, Denmark. Same exact parents, and source/film number.

This is also a possibility, as the Christening record for Nis Nissen, we know from the 1845 census that he was born in 1787, so this could be him and his parents:
Nis Bertelsen Nissen, Christened: 13 May 1787 in Hellevad Parish, Aabenraa-Sonderborg County, Denmark. Father: Peter Nissen, mother: Anna Hansdatter. (Source: IGI extracted record, film # 42779)
Best Wishes,
LB

Posted: 17 Apr 2008 6:27PM GMT
Hi

Anne Christine Nissen
married 3 september 880 in Bedsted Parish to
Peter Lorentzen Schmidt.

She could have used the name Schmidt.
-----

Nis Sørensen Nissen
died 14 february 1870 in Bedsted
buried 20 february 1870 in Bedsted Parish
--

Mvh.
Flemming Aasklint
DK-4500 Nykøbing Sjælland
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions