Search for content in message boards

Mootz & Heger

Mootz & Heger

Posted: 30 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:34AM GMT
Surnames: Mootz, Heger
I am looking for information about PETER MOOTZ, born 4 July 1820 in Luxembourg. He Emigrated to the US about 1847 and settled at first in Washington Co., then Ozaukee Co., Wisc. and about 1888 moved to McCook Co., SD

Peter married MARY HEGER 1859 in Wisc. She was born 9/11 Feb. 1843 in Luxembourg (or Metz) the daughter of NICHOLAS HEGER who emigrated about the same time and settled in the same place.

Would like to share any information I have and hope to make a connection with information where to start looking in Luxembourg.

Hope we connect, please e-mail me directly so I don't miss your response.

Pat Wahl

Re: Mootz & Heger

barb mootz (View posts)
Posted: 12 Apr 2002 3:42PM GMT
Surnames: mootz
i have info on mootz family. father was raymond geo. mootz son of frank & lena(kiefer) mootz. dubuque ia co. a mootz family book was written a few yrs ago by 1 of mootz's in area but cann't remember who. can contact a steve mootz in dubuque ia as he is into family gene.. will try to get my info together.

Pat Wahl (View posts)
Posted: 12 Apr 2002 11:32PM GMT
Barb: Can you elaborate a little? This doesn't look as it it might fit. Thanks!

Pat

mootz (View posts)
Posted: 13 Apr 2002 10:01PM GMT
barb has found a letter from a cousin that her mother found in 1973 when she visited. she is a denise mootz from ftzio luxemberg. the address is old but here is what i think it says- 18 rue de contern or conteru?? ftzio or ftziy luxemberg. her mothers g-father was johann mootz & barbs g-g-father was nic mootz & they were brothers. thats all i can glean from that letter. when we unpack some more we will find more, right???
later+++

Posted: 23 Sep 2003 1:04AM GMT
Surnames: Mootz & Heger
Peter Mootz was my great-grandfather. I have a photo of Mary Heger standing outside her first wood house, after moving from a sod house. My grandmother was Magdalena ("Lena") Mootz, who married Shirley William Lane, M.D. in the early 1900s, settling in Kankakee IL, where my mother, Margaret Mary Lane, still alive, was born. My mother, a retired physician, had two older siblings, Helen, a well-known amateur golfer until her tragic death in her early 20s in an auto accident. My uncle was also named Shirley William Lane. Lena, called "Luxie" by my grandfather, died in 1947, I believe, shortly before my parents married. According to my mom, now 84, there were 13 kids in her mom's family, with one of the boys drowningin the family farm pond. Lena was, at 16, the youngest teacher ever in one of the Dakotas.
Let me know how we're related!

Gilbert Mamer (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 2004 5:23AM GMT
Surnames: Mootz, Tritz
I found your query on the Mootz family today. I am interested in hearing from you since my Grandfather, John Nicholus Mootz, married Caroline Tritz from St. Donatus, Iowa. He was born in Luxembourg and immigrated to Iowa.

Gilbert Mamer
email: marymamer@hotmail.com

bill daugherty (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 2004 4:39PM GMT
most of mootz's from dubuque ia area are related in one manner & form.
raymond geo. mootz was my wifes father & he passed away in 83 & unfortunatly my wife passed away last march & i don't have the information u need. i do remember ray's wife(estella) going to luxemberg in 73 & tracking down a lot of mootz's, but i don't have any idea anymore & info died with others. sorry

Posted: 14 Feb 2004 5:10AM GMT
Thank you for responding to my query in regards to the Mootz family.

Thank you,

Gilbert Mamer

Posted: 14 Feb 2004 5:18AM GMT
I am interested in the information that you have on the Mootz family as my Grandfather was John Nicholas Mootz; his wife was Caroline Tritz.

We are searching for our ancesters. My email address is: marymamer@hotmail.com.

Thank you,
Gilbert Mamer

Posted: 9 May 2008 4:07AM GMT
Surnames: Mootz
I am a decendant of Geo Mootz and Elizabeth (nee, Coletti?or Dittier) (Dubuque, IA )- they had 12 children. I can only remember a few names Albert, Mildred (my grandmother), John, Margret, Clara, Tess, Grace. My grandmother (Mildred) married Samual Kalman (chicago)they had 3 daughters, Elizabeth (Betty - my mom), Evelyn, Mildred. A relative wrote a book a few years back - I wonder if we are related?? If so, contact me!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions