Search for content in message boards

Evelyn Waugh - marries a James J Adams - Belfast to America

Evelyn Waugh - marries a James J Adams - Belfast to America

Posted: 24 Jan 2010 2:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
James J Adams (1894-) married Evelyn Waugh and they moved to America in the 1920s.

They had 2 children, one of whom, John, was born in Brooklyn. The other is Eileen.

Evelyn Adams died in late 1920s-30s, as the father and children moved back here to Belfast.

Any clues would be appreciated.

Ciaran Crossey
crosseyc@yahoo.co.uk

Re: Evelyn Waugh - marries a James J Adams - Belfast to America

Posted: 25 Jan 2010 3:44PM GMT
The only thing I see for them on Ancestry is the arrival in Liverpool May 3 1932 on the ship Baltic
James J , mechanic, age 37 to 17 Annette St, Belfast
child John E age 5
child EIleen age 2

There is a death of an EVelyn Adams reported in Kings County NY age 40, d Feb 6 1932. No idea if it is the right one. See New york deaths on
http://www.italiangen.org

Good luck
Joanna

Posted: 26 Jan 2010 11:24AM GMT
Joanna, Many thanks, I'd never seen/heard off the New York deaths list on that site - 90% plus certain it's the right people.
Your information means that both children were American born, new info for me!
It's the Adams line I'm trying to track, but thanks again.

Thanks again

Ciaran Crossey
crosseyc@yahoo.co.uk

Posted: 21 Sep 2011 10:37AM GMT
Hello there, I rattled off a reply but bumped a button & it vanished! I hope you got it, but if not, I believe Evelyn to be my maternal grandmothers sister.
My grandmother was Ada Waugh, had sister Maryanne (known as Polly), for more info my email is hinarni@yahoo.com.au
I live in the far south of Tasmania, Australia.
Cheers, diana (known as Narni!!)

Posted: 11 Oct 2012 11:36AM GMT
Is there the possibility that my g.g.grandfather, Luther Waugh, married to Nancy Matilda Lent in N.Y. and stayed in Brooklyn, N.Y. could be your relative. The harder I look the more "muddy" the waters get. This is the first real connection that seems close.

Thank you,
Mary

Posted: 23 Dec 2012 10:14PM GMT
Hi,
I believe that we might be related! I have a Luther Waugh that married a Nancy Matilda Lent that lived in Brooklyn, NY.
Sharon

Posted: 23 Dec 2012 11:56PM GMT
Edited: 23 Dec 2012 11:58PM GMT
Surnames: Waugh, Lent, Mahoney
Sharon, we are related! I have to go slowly through your helpful posting because I was stopped dead on the Waugh's. We have a Lillian Anderson Mahoney living in Texas! I believe she is living in the Dallas/Fort Worth Area. I know she was evacuated last summer due to the big fires, if that helps. Lillian was married to my Uncle Howard A. Mahoney. In any case I am so excited to get you email today.

Posted: 24 Dec 2012 12:34AM GMT
Hi,
Yes, we need to keep in touch and help each other with this large Waugh family. I believe that I have some other contacts that are also researching this Waugh Family. I need to look into it further and pass their names on to you.
Sharon

Posted: 24 Dec 2012 4:55AM GMT
Sharon, this has been an earl Christmas present!! I am so excited to put this together - I will begin on the 26th to work on it again. I would never have guessed than Matilda Lent is from Belfast also, oops I got that wrong, see why I will have to take my time, for now it's wrapping present time (Ho!Ho!Ho!) Is your g-mother, Ada or Adelia? Adelia Waugh is my G-mother and if we share the same G-mother than we are cousins! To cool - Merry Christmas

Posted: 24 Dec 2012 5:01AM GMT
Edited: 28 Dec 2012 12:16AM GMT
Hi,
I am related through Adelia's sister Ruth who married Robert Swallow.
I'm curious, what brought Adelia Mahoney to California? I remember years ago seeing some pictures of relatives and being told that some of them were relatives from California.
Talk to you soon, Sharon
per page

Find a board about a specific topic