Search for content in message boards

Rutha STALLINGS

Rutha STALLINGS

Posted: 21 Sep 2008 3:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Oct 2008 6:53AM GMT
Surnames: Stallings, Morgan
I have searched for Rutha's (1750-1853) parents with no results. Can anyone help? She married John Morgan (1749-1837). (see earlier posting for the family line)

There are many Rutha Stallings in Nash Co. NC after her date, so she must have been influential somehow. But who she was is a mystery.

Re: Rutha STALLINGS

Posted: 4 Oct 2008 6:31PM GMT
Edited: 6 Oct 2008 6:54AM GMT
Surnames: Stallings, Morgan
You are in search of Ruth Stallings that was married to John Morgan. She is in my family tree. She ws born in 1750 in VA. to Luke Stallings and married John Morgan in 1771 in Edgecombe Co., NC. SHe appeared in the 1850 census in Nash Co., NC. She died in in 1853 in the same county. She & John had the following children. William, Nancy, John Jr., Elizabeth, Ana or Amey, Celia or Selah Millie, James, Susanna & Cherry. I have some info. on the children as well.
John Morgan is ny Grt. Grandfather 6 times back and his actual dead date is April 4, 1836 in Nash Co., NC.

Winnie

Posted: 9 Oct 2008 12:24AM GMT
Thank you so much. She has been very difficult to pin down. Do you know her maiden name?

Posted: 9 Oct 2008 1:28AM GMT
Her maiden name is Stallings.
She was the daughter of Luke Stallings.

When looking for her try Ruth or Rutha, she was born in VA. in 1750, she married John Morgan Sr. in 1771 in NC., She died in 1853 in Nash County, NC..

How are you related to the Morgan's & Stallings???
Do you live in Al.? or where. I am in TX.

Posted: 9 Oct 2008 2:41AM GMT
As you might see by the answer to my first query, she married a Stallings. Wow! I don't know which way to go. My grandmother's mother was Martha Morgan who married a Brasfield. My grandmother was Lula Mae Brasfield and married Richard Dale Andrews. I am from AL but live, much to my regret, in Wisconsin. How are you connected.

Posted: 9 Oct 2008 2:45AM GMT
Oh, duh! I misread your first reply. I will pay closer attention. Thanks for both replies.

Posted: 10 Oct 2008 4:06PM GMT
Is your Martha Morgan the daughter of John Thomas Morgan born 1827 which was the son of Ezekiel & Linnie (or Salina) Brantley Morgan? If so my Morgan's branch off of William W. Morgan which is the older brother of John Thomas. Here's my run down. Ezekiel Morgan (My Grt. Grt. Grt. Grd-Father), William W.(My Grt. Grt. Grd-Father), William Perry Morgan (My Grt. Grd-Father), Rufus Jason Morgan ( My Grd-Father, Floyd Willis Morgan (My Father). The Martha Morgan I have is the daughter of John Thomas & Cora Ann Morgan and was born aboaut 1870 in Miss.. She was also called Mattie. So if your Martha is one in the same her father & my Grt. Grt. Grd-father were siblings. If so please send me any and all info. on your side so I can add it to my book that I have on the Morgan Family. Where in AL. did you grow up and /or live and when because that is where my Morgan side was raised. Gotta go for now great to heard from you. TTYL Winnie.

Posted: 11 Oct 2008 12:17AM GMT
Surnames: Drummond, Morgan, Brasfield, Andrews
Winnie, we are indeed connected through Ezekiel Morgan and Linnie Brantley; however, the brother you mention, John Thomas, though he had a daughter named Martha, is not the same line as mine. Rather Ezekiel's son Robert Jasper Morgan (b. 1834) married Sarah Ballenger. Their daughter Martha Morgan married Robert Brasfield who parented my grandmother Lula Mae Brasfield (b. 1883). She married Richard Dale Andrews, son of Richard H. Andrews. They had a son, Garland Dale, who died of typhoid as a boy. They adopted my mother, Martha Frances Andrews, who married Waymon Homer Drummond. I am their daughter. I have pictures if you would like them, but I can't send them through this medium. You can send me your email address and I will happily pass them on to you. I don't know if you have it or not but ancestry.com has a History of Walker Co., p. 284, which lists many of the Morgans we are interested in. I have traced the Morgans back to before 1000 A.D. They are an interesting group. In addition, my grandfather, James Perry Drummond's sister Nancy Drummond married a William Henry Morgan. I think he is tied in to the line as well though I haven't looked into his background yet. I was born in Jasper, AL because Dora, AL didn't have a hospital. My mother and I lived with my maternal grandparents for two years in Dora during WWII. When my father returned from there, we moved to Russellville, AL, then to Red Bay, AL which is on the MS line right next to Itawamba Co. (I noticed some of your line is there.) So who do you know in Alabama?

Martha

Morgans in AL

Posted: 11 Oct 2008 6:21PM GMT
Surnames: Morgan, Simmons
My John B. Morgan was born in Alabama 1824-26 and lived in Cherokee County. I do not know his parent's or siblings' names . In 1850 he was living there with his wife Agnes
Caroline Simmons Morgan and their daughter, Mary.

Posted: 12 Oct 2008 11:22PM GMT
Surnames: Morgan
You state you have traced your line to 1000 a.d. and wonder if you came across a John Pierce Morgan. He is my ggggggrand father. Born abt 1793 and died 12/24/1847.
He had one son John Pierce Morgan Jr. and was married to a Mildred Watson. I have hit a brick wall with regards to my John Pierce Morgan. Any info you have would be greatly appreciated. My email is jamesmmorgan@verizon.net

Thanks

Jimmy Morgan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic