Search for content in message boards

Doak/Finley/Larue

Doak/Finley/Larue

Posted: 3 Aug 2004 5:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Jul 2005 12:57PM GMT
After again reading about the Doak/Finleys...I continue to look for confirmation of my line. Perhaps, someone would comment?

Stanton Va. Marriages -Agusta Va.
James Finley to Prudence Moore, Aug 30, 1785, Rev.Arch.Scott
John Milliken to Isabella doak, Sept. 28, 1786 Rev.Scott
James Barry to Jenny Doak, Jan1, 1786, Rev. Scott
David Finley to Elizabeth Wilson, Mar 16, 1791, Rev Scott

If the David Finley m. 1791, Elizabeth Wilson, d/o Joseph Wilson, by. Rev Scott
is the father of Joseph Wilson Finley, b. 1794, Va., could he be of the line of James Finley/Eliz.Patterson-James/Elizabeth Doak line?

Joseph, is found in Hardin Co. KY, in 1830, m. November 24, 1825, to Louisa Larue.
one son, was David Doke[Doak] Finley, b. 1839, Mo. [David's death cert.]

Regards,
Jan

Re: Doak/Finley/Larue

Posted: 13 Sep 2004 5:39PM GMT
Edited: 24 Aug 2005 1:13AM GMT
Surnames: Finley/Doak
I have Thankful Doak w/o John Finley. Thankful d/oJames andElizabeth Doak came from Ireland to Newcastle Deleware
in 1708 with their 5 children. John and Thankful were married in 1773 in Chester Co. Pa. John had moved to Augusta, Va.
in 1737 thru the French and Indian war. Are you related to this line. James and Elizabeth Finley are part of my FINLEY
line. I will be glad to share info with you as I have info
from 1667 on down on this line. Thanks Patricia

Posted: 13 Sep 2004 8:13PM GMT
Edited: 23 May 2005 9:42PM GMT
Surnames: FINLEY / PATTERSON / DOAK / CALDWELL / MOUNTS / COLGLAZURE
Patricia,
Are you sure about your date of 1773? I have the year of John and Thankful's marriage as 1724. John would've been close to being 70 years old by 1773, wouldn't he?
Velma

Posted: 14 Sep 2004 1:26AM GMT
Edited: 30 Jul 2005 12:57PM GMT
Patricia,

Thanks for the response.

I am not yet convinced this is my line, tho' Joseph W.Finley is.
Ebe., and Jos. rest here as sons of David and Elizabeth Wilson-Finley...

Family lore? ...their father David, being a native of Scotland, came to America, d. in Rev War., mis-statement, as ch. weren't b. till after war., pos War of 1812?, pos. adopted by another Finley? Also, came out of NJ., is another ref.

While, memories get stale, there is prob. truth to both of the comments.

I looked into the Rev War record of the David Finley found in Carmen Finley's book. He had two m. neither to Elizabeth Wilson. Three ch. by the first m., Alexander, Hugh David, and Prudence. Haven't checked them out. David, was b. in Ireland, spent 30 yrs in Pa., after the war. Lots about this David found on-line.

The David Finly/Finley, of Montgomery KY-1810, had two sons, who could be Jos and Ebe. David, may have m. Abigail Snedicor-Emmons[sp?] ca. 1819, had many children, moved to Boone Co. MO, settled in Carroll Co. Mo., with his second family, d. ca. 1864.

Abigail's sister, Mary, m. Kelso, and settled in Callaway Co. Mo. where Jos. settled and Ebenezer m. 2nd time.
[Finley/Snedicor's-Carol Mitchell's family.]

Pos. this David left a will.

Ebe. m.1st, in Montgomery Co. KY, and Jos. m. in Hardin Co. KY. not much distance between these two counties.

Regards,
Jan

Posted: 19 Sep 2004 8:52PM GMT
Edited: 13 Oct 2005 3:21AM GMT
Surnames: FINLEY/DOAK
The John Finley who married Thankful Doak is my 3rd cousin 7x removed. I would love to share family info with you. I have two email address moorhead1@adelphia.net and moorhead1@netzero.net

I have some different info: for example I have the marriage date as 10 Mar 1724 Chester Co., PA

John FINLEY b 18 Dec 1706 Dublin, St. Peter's, Ireland d 6 Jan 1773, South River, Augusta Co., VA m 10 Mar 1724 Thankful DOAK b abt 1704, of North Ireland d bef 1773.

My sources for the above info is :!BIR-MAR: Information obtained thru IGI Information from LDS Library.

!BIR-MAR-DEATH: Info from Finley Findings International, Vol. 8, No. 5, pg 5.
Married Rock Creek Presbyterian Church, Chester Co., PA
Buried Fishersville, Tinkling Springs Presbyterian Church Cmty., VA

Would love to share info and sources,

Karen Moorhead
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions