Search for content in message boards

Wisoka or Vysoka, Bohemia

Wisoka or Vysoka, Bohemia

Posted: 24 Nov 2012 9:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
My GG father immigrated from Bohemia in 1877. Documentation lists his home town as Wisoka, which I cannot find. I'm wondering if he could have lived in Vysoka. Family name is KOhn, his mother was Hahn.
Any help would be appreciated.
Don

Re: Wisoka or Vysoka, Bohemia

Posted: 24 Nov 2012 10:02PM GMT

Posted: 25 Nov 2012 2:43AM GMT
Hi Don,
What is his name and date of birth.
Jean

Posted: 25 Nov 2012 3:11AM GMT
My GGrandfather is Simon Kohn born 28 Sep 1858, his sister Rose was born about 1863, his father Daniel was born about 1828 and his mother Marie Hahn was born about 1835.
Don

Posted: 25 Nov 2012 3:27AM GMT
Don, there is a Vysoka north of Prague in central Bohemia, Catholic parish is Melnik. The church records are not yet digitized for the years you need to look at.
Sorry, Jean

Posted: 25 Nov 2012 3:33AM GMT
Thank you!

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 1:39AM GMT
Hello, for any search is crucial to determine the place in Bohemia. Please, can you describe in detail, from where you have the name of the (Wrooka K Prag or Wisoka, alternatively Vysoka) place? It is a written transcript or a picture of a document? Can you please give a picture here, if you have one available? Regards

Posted: 28 Nov 2012 4:18PM GMT
I found the passport record for Simon Kohn via a search on Ancestry. I have not been successful in copying it to this message facility.
The passport asks for place of birth. The response is "Wisoka K Prag Austria Bohemia".
Don

Re: Ship's record

Posted: 28 Nov 2012 6:58PM GMT
If you give us the exact date, ship name, page number, I can post a copy of the image here. We just need enough info to get to the record in Ancestry easily.

Posted: 28 Nov 2012 7:05PM GMT
It could be Vysoká near Mělník (it´s not far from Prague) http://mapy.cz/#x=14.563694&y=50.413049&z=12&q=v...

Parrish books for this village are not online yet http://actapublica.eu/matriky/praha/?akce=hledat&ac_me=V...=

Was Simon catholic?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions