Search for content in message boards

Back, Crase/Crace and May

Back, Crase/Crace and May

Debbie Davis (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Back, Crase, May, Patrick, Adams, Caudill, Ferrish
Would like information on the family of Henry CRASE/CRACE
and wife Elizabeth May. Daughter Mary Polly Ann Crase m.
Lewis Daniel Back,Jr.about 1870, family was either in Breathitt Co., or Magoffin Co. Thanks

Henry Crase

Posted: 28 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Crase, May
Elizabeth,

I don't have any other information on the Crase/Crace family. Was there a Henry in your Crace line?
Debbie

HENRY CRASE

Posted: 28 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jul 2001 11:41PM GMT
Surnames: CRASE
Debbie, is your Henry Crase the son of Peter Crace? My 3rd gr grandfather is Cambell C. Crase (Crace?) born about 1814 in Floyd Co, KY and later lived, I believe, in Magoffin Co.

Elizabeth Howard Normand

HENRY CRACE/CRASE

Posted: 29 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jul 2001 11:41PM GMT
Surnames: CRACE, CRASE, HOWARD, PHIPPS, CANTRELL
Debbie,

I don't know of a HENRY CRASE in my family line; thanks for responding. How about a DRUCILLA in yours?

Elizabeth

Elizabeth May Crace

David May (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: MAY
Here is the information I have on Elizabeth May and her daughter Mary Ann Crace. Elizabeth was the daughter of James May and Mary "Polly" Adams.

Elizabeth May, born about 1823, in Morgan County, Kentucky, she died May 5, 1874, in Magoffin County, Kentucky. She is buried in the Caleb and James May Cemetery, in Magoffin County, Kentucky. She married March 29, 1840, in Morgan County, Kentucky, Henry Crace, born in July of 1816, and died in 1875, he is buried in the Crace Cemetery at Wheelrim, in Morgan County, Kentucky, the son of Peter Crace and Annie Adams. They were married by Wallis Bailey.

Mary Ann "Polly" Crace, born December 9, 1847, at Wheelrim, in Morgan County, Kentucky, she died May 1, 1911. She married August 4, 1870, in Morgan County, Kentucky, James Daniel "Licking Jim" Back born August 26, 1851, and died October 3, 1925, at White Pine, in Magoffin County, Kentucky, the son of Lewis Back and Margaret Montgomery. He is buried at White Pine, in Magoffin County, Kentucky. James married second to Margaret Whitaker Dunn, and they divorced after 3 years of marriage. He married third Minnie Bailey, the daughter of Kennis F Bailey and Lou Ellen Arnett. They had three children: 1) Green Back, 2) John Wesley Back, 3) Goldie Mae Back, who married Charles Edwards.

CRACE

crase1 (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
I would like to add that Mary Ann Crace married James Daniel Back Aug 4, 1870 in Morgan County Ky, her family lived in Magoffin Co.She married under the name of Polly Ann Crace.
crase1

crase

Debra Nelson (View posts)
Posted: 16 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Crase, Back
I know of Polly Ann Crase who married James D. Back. Their son Will Henry Back mrried my grandmother Emily Jane Back. They were from Breathitt,and Magoffin counties. Will's siblings were Cynthia, Mary, Belle, Sarah Margaret, Esther, Joseph Milton, Dennie, and Lewis. Is this the same family, perhaps?

Crase/Back

Posted: 19 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Crase, Back
This is the same family! William Henry's brother Lewis is my
Great Grandpa. Do you have William and Emily Jane's children? If you would like any information on Lewis' family I can help. Was Emily Jane's maiden name Back?
Do you know if they were born in Breathitt or Magoffin Co.?
Thanks!

Re: crase

Tina Walters-Crawford (View posts)
Posted: 9 Sep 2001 5:07PM GMT
Surnames: Back, Williams, Hogg, Mc Intosh, Bach, Crawford
My grandmother Mary Ethel Back married Vernon Crawford she was daughter of Daniel Back and Annabelle Williams. Daniel's father James Sanders Back married Bethania Mc Intosh. James parents Hiram Bach and Nannie Hogg. Hiram's parents Joseph Back and Permilia Belle Melia Hogg. I only know of sibling Frances. They are from Quicksand, Kentucky, Breathitt Co. James and Bethania had 7 children Madison T, Edison, John, Finley, Hiram and Marion.

Re: HENRY CRASE

Posted: 26 Jul 2002 10:02PM GMT
Surnames: crase
i hope that your still checking this site!! I'm looking for infor. on the crase family-my line goes back to campbell c crase. my great grandpa was hiram crase the some of james m crase who was the son of campbell c crase. what i would like is infor past campbell c crase, I can't seem to get past him for some reason. do you have anything that would be of help?adillon
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions