Search for content in message boards

Morrisons in Nova Scotia

Morrisons in Nova Scotia

Trianne L. Freese (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jun 2000 6:56PM GMT
Seeking Information on Morrison brothers who migrated to NS in mid to late 1800's. One, Angus, is my Great-grandfather. Married Hannah McMillian and had one child, Daniel Neil Morrison. Daniel moved to NJ and married Tri na Van der vliet. All moved to VA about 1920. There are quite a few of us and we are trying to find out why the brothers came to NS, what happened to the other brother and what about the McMillian relatives? We do know Daniel had a cousin Angus McMillian.Thank you!

Angus Morrison - Scotland

Posted: 25 Jul 2000 11:53AM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 6:50AM GMT
I found mention of Angus Morrison along several other Morrisons on the Immigrant Ships Transcribers Guild web site. They were on the Barque Lulan out of South Uist or Southuist, Scotland going to Pictou, NS. The date of departure was Sep 18, 1848.
Listed #94 John; #95 Isabella; #96 Ann; #97 Angus. Further down the roll at #146 - #151 are more Morisons, notice the 1 r. Names are 2 Annes; Mary; James; Allan; and another Mary.
Excuse me it looks like they arrived on Sep 18. The ship also stopped at Glasgow. There may be some notes I missed so check it if this is your line. Hope it helps.
I've been looking for a Lindsey Morrison or John Hillyer Morrison from NJ. Lindsey's name may have been John. If you see them please let me know. Good luck.

Angus Morrison

Trianne Freesee (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jul 2000 6:36PM GMT
Thanks for the help. I will persue it and hope it leads to my G.grandfather.
Trianne
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions