Search for content in message boards

FTM 2013

FTM 2013

Posted: 17 Aug 2012 6:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
From the Ancestry Blog:

We know many of you have been eagerly waiting to hear when Family Tree Maker 2013 will be released. Well, we’re doing things a little different this year. Instead of creating a new version of the software, the team has been putting all of its resources into improving Family Tree Maker 2012 so you get new bonus features throughout the year.

If you haven’t purchased or upgraded to Family Tree Maker 2012 yet, there’s never been a better time.

Since Family Tree Maker 2012 was released last fall, a number of updates have been sent out that include improvements and new features. Here’s a list of just some of these great changes:

Numerous enhancements to TreeSync so syncing your tree to Ancestry.com is faster and more reliable
A new Family View Report that displays a person’s ancestors, spouse, and children together (similar to the Family View in the People workspace)
A new Undocumented Facts Report that lists people’s facts that have no source documentation
The ability to merge info from multiple versions of the same fact
New source templates for the 1940 U.S. census and improved support for city directories
Dozens of report enhancements including performance improvements and new options in the relationship chart, family group sheet, Individual Report, Notes Report, Data Errors Report, Outline Descendant Report, Media Item Report, photo albums, Media Usage Report, Documented Facts Report, and calendar
And there are more enhancements to come in the next bonus update—so stayed tuned.

Re: FTM 2013

Posted: 17 Aug 2012 8:22PM GMT
Are speed improvements and better memory usage part of the upgrades?

Screens still refresh with every instance of a change in a source/citation (bug present in 2008, 2011 and 2012).

Out of Memory errors and resulting crashes. Present in 2008, 2010, 2011, and 2012.

Regards,

Posted: 17 Aug 2012 8:50PM GMT
I asked similar questions in the comments on the announcement blog.
Posted: 17 Aug 2012 10:18PM GMT
How can I change the birth order of children? I see the options, but they are 'disabled' - they aren't clickable.?

Posted: 17 Aug 2012 10:21PM GMT
Turn off "Blended Families."

Regards,
Posted: 17 Aug 2012 10:25PM GMT
Fixed! Thanks!

Posted: 22 Aug 2012 2:12AM GMT
Would be nice if ancestry would include a live chat feature to connect with other members who are online at the same moment to discover their family history in a chat on the software or web.
Posted: 22 Aug 2012 8:12PM GMT
I shudder to think of the server space required for a live chat feature and what that would do to response time on already overloaded servers.

Posted: 25 Aug 2012 7:30PM GMT
Surnames: Mamcgill05@me.com
I think a live chat would help. Those who have come to brick walls, may find being able to chat very beneficial. I vote for this feature and hope FTM adds it to its upgrade

Posted: 25 Aug 2012 9:24PM GMT
Rather than add more bells and whistles, I'd rather they focus on fixing problems with basic functionality. It would be nice to finally have a version that didn't continuously crash, leak memory, and have to be restarted after every merge from Ancestry. These are problems that have existed since this user interface was introduced in 2008.

All I care about is that my data stays intact and not continuously at risk of corruption by the application crashing. When a database becomes large, most of the other features (sync, media view, places view, etc.) become so sluggish they're totally useless, even on a 6-core 8GB 64-bit Windows 7 system.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions