Search for content in message boards

ADKINS

Posted: 13 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Jul 2001 1:43AM GMT
Surnames: Adkins
I am searching for the marriage of William Adkins Jr. and possibly Lydia Owens. William Jr.and his father William Sr were residents of Halifax County before receiving a land grant in Caswell County after the Revolutionary War.
I would like to hear from any Adkins researcher.
Anita Avery

Wm. B. Adkins, Jr.

Sharon Martin (View posts)
Posted: 16 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Adkins, Owen
Have lots of info on this family. Will share. E-mail specific questions.

WILLIAM ADKINS JR..

Posted: 18 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2001 1:43AM GMT
Surnames: ADKINS
Sharon. Thanks for responding to my quiry regarding William Adkins Jr. of Caswell County. I know he received a land grant in the county in 1878. There were at least a dozen times he is mentioned in the Deed books before and after that time. I found no further mention after 1802.

My question regarding this subject regards his wife. I would like to know who she was and anything else you can tell me about the ancestors of both William and his wife.

I am aware of another William Adkins who lived and died near Chatham Va in Pittsylvania Co. However my subject, William Adkins probably died in Caswell Co because though a will I found there was a family cemetery on the property.

Any help you can give would be so appreciated.
Anita Avery

William B. Adkins, Jr.

Sharon Gibson Martin (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Adkins
William B. Adkins, Jr. was b.1721 in Henrico Co., Va. and d.3/15/1784 in Pittsylvania Co.,Va. (If you know anything about the local geography, Hwy.29S. runs through Pitt. Co. directly into Caswell Co., NC.) He married Lydia Owens, b. 1724, in about 1745 in Goochland Co., Va. Wm., Jr. is the son of William Adkins, Sr., b. 1690 in Charles City Co., Va, and Elizabeth Parker, b. 1695. Lydia was the d/o William Owens, b. about 1672 in Surry Co., Va., d. 10/23/1752 in Halifax Co., Va. (Pittsylvania Co. was formed out of Halifax Co. in 1767) and Lydia Lunsford, b. 1699 in VA. Somewhere in my research, I have a copy of Wm. Adkins,Sr.'s will which ,as I recall was probated in Halifax Co. I have quite a bit of ancestral information on Lydia's family and some on the Adkins side. Will try to organize it and send you more.

Sharon
e-mail: shatimalimart@mindspring.com

Owen

Vickie Greenacre (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Owen
I`am searching for Joseph Carroll Owen who married Hanna Ella Wood Adkins, can you give me any info. about who their parents were? Also their children. thank you Vickie

Re: William Adkins/Atkinson, Jr. born 1718 Henrico County died 1784 Pittsylvania Co VA that married Lydia Owens

Posted: 28 Nov 2010 2:08PM GMT
Classification: Military
Edited: 29 Nov 2010 2:13PM GMT
Surnames: Adkins, Atkinson
Has anyone found if he served in the Revolutionary war, added the cause by supplying sundries, took the oath of allegience, or civil servant during the war?

If you have what sources do you have?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions