Search for content in message boards

Alvin and Celia Ramey

Alvin and Celia Ramey

Posted: 12 Jan 2009 2:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ramey, Smith, McGlothlin,Ingram, Moore, DeWitt
Death certificate lists him as Alrin Ramey died in 1961 and Ceala An Ramey died in 1931. Their children are Henley, died in 1928, Vivi,(could be Vivian) was 9 mos. old in 1900 no other info, Maudie born in 1902,Dolly, Lilly and Chriss. They were from Rowan Co, Farmers area, lived there most of the time. Also moved to Dunkirk Indiana as of the 1930 census. After Celia died Alvin moved back to Farmers. Celia is also known as Annie Moore from Dolly's marriage information. Her father was a Moore and mother was Suza DeWitt. They are burried in the Alfrey Cementery which was moved to make room for the interstate and Dam. Any information on any of these people would be greatly appreciated. Maudie married Charlie Smith, Dollie married Coleman McGlothlin, and Lillie married Glen Ingram. Anyone with information can e-mail direct at mcmart6@yahoo.com

Re: Alvin and Celia Ramey

Posted: 18 Apr 2011 5:27PM GMT
Surnames: Ramey
The relatives you speak of could be relatives of mine as well. My father's name is Alvin Henley Ramey, and my grandfather was Chriss C Ramey. I do not know anything more than their names, as my parents divorced in 1990 and I have not had any associations with my father since I was five years old. I have never known anyone on my father's side of the family. The records I have found on here are mere guesses, and any information you might have would be extremely helpful. Thank you!

Re: Alvin and Celia Ramey

Posted: 18 Apr 2011 9:14PM GMT
Yes you are a relative. My grandma was Maudie Lee Ramey and was Chriss' older sister. They all grew up in Farmers Ky. Chriss moved to Texas. I knew he had a daughter named Cecelia as I found info on her birth and I think a son. Chriss had come to live with us for a few months in about 1961-62. We are from Indiana. They also had another brother named Henley who drowned in the river when he was like 23 I think. I would love to exchange more info with you. My direct email is mcmart6@yahoo.com.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions