Search for content in message boards

Charles Sprague of Michigan and Missouri

Charles Sprague of Michigan and Missouri

Posted: 1 Feb 2004 8:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Apr 2005 10:38PM GMT
Hello,

I'm looking for information on Charles Sprague, son of Thomas Jefferson and Betsey (Chandler) Sprague, born 31 Jan 1839 in East Rome, Lenawee Co., MI. He died sometime after 1920.

Charles married Sarah Jane Todd 07 Apr 1863 in East Rome, Lenawee Co., MI. Sarah Jane Todd, daughter of Alfred and Sara Delight (Frary) Todd, was born 09 Feb 1843 in Adrian, Lenawee Co., MI and died sometime before 1900.

Charles and Sarah Jane moved from Michigan to Butler, Bates Co., Missouri in 1867. They moved to Mt. Pleasant, Bates Co., Missouri by 1900. By 1910 he was living in Kansas City, Missouri. Did they have children? I think they adopted a daughter named Martha A. "Mattie" Thomas. Any others? What happened to Mattie?

Sincerely,
Terri Mulliken Allen

Re: Charles Sprague of Michigan and Missouri

Posted: 19 Oct 2011 9:56PM GMT
My maiden name was Ann Louise Sprague.Thomas Jefferson Sprague is my g g great grandfather.Charles died 1/19/1921. One of the census shows Mattie as adopted. Unaware of any other children You can find the grave info at "findagrave.com". thomas,Betty, Charles, Sarah and Mattie are buried in Double Branch Cemetery. Mattie's info does not give the date of death. The cemetery is in Bates County, Oakhill Cemetery. The cemetery has two sections and two names. Do you have any patentage info for Thomas Jefferson Sprague? We are trying to find his parents information.
Hope this helps, Ann "jimbo.marciniak@gmail.com. was adopted by Charles.

Posted: 19 Oct 2011 11:15PM GMT
Hi Ann,
Thanks for writing. Thanks for the date of death of Charles Sprague. I tried looking at Find-A-Grave for photos of the Sprague gravestones, but didn't find them there in either Double Branch Cemetery or Oakhill Cemetery in Bates Co., MO. I don't understand why it didn't show them. Do you have the date of death of Sarah Jane (Todd) Sprague? Sarah Jane's father, Alfred Todd, and my g-g-g grandfather, Alanson Todd, were brothers.

The Thomas you are referring to is Thomas Jefferson Sprague, but who is Betty? Is that his wife, Elizabeth Glaze?

Thomas Jefferson Sprague's parents were Thomas and Lucy (Randall) Sprague, Jr. Thomas Sprague, Jr., son of Thomas and Hannah (Cobb) Sprague, Sr., was born 30 May 1774 in Union, Tolland County, Connecticut and died 27 Jun 1843 in Milford, New Haven County, Connecticut, age sixty-nine. Thomas Sprague married Lucy Randall about 1800 in Union, Tolland County, Connecticut. Lucy Randall was born 11 Apr 1778 in Plymouth, Windsor County, Vermont and died 09 Oct 1851 in Milford, New Haven County, Connecticut, age seventy-three.

Thomas Sprague, Sr. was born about 1749 in Union, Tolland County, Connecticut. Thomas Sprague married Hannah Cobb in 1773 in Union, Tolland County, Connecticut. Hannah Cobb was born about 1753 in Union, Tolland County, Connecticut.

Terri

Posted: 19 Oct 2011 11:27PM GMT
Ann,

I can be reached at Imacutegal@AOL.com.

Thanks,

Terri Mulliken Allen

Posted: 20 Oct 2011 6:56PM GMT
Terri,
Findagrave only has pictures if someone volunteered to take them. There is a lady that my sister in law has contacted who walked to the cemetery and found that Charles, Sara, Mattie, and Betsy are together and there is an empty spot between them. The geneologist found the obituary for Thomas and he died 12/26/1882. She is going to send confirmation of the obits to my sister in law. I am not sure this email to your aol address will go so will also post this to the Ancestry site. I have William C Spragues information down to today. I can send it to you but don't know how to send it via email. My home phone is 517-646-6942. Betty was the wife of Thomas. Her name was Betty(Betsy) or Elizabeth? Chandler. The headstone notes w of Thomas Jefferson Sprague. When I get the information from the gal in MO I will let you know if there is more information. We don't have his wife as Elizabeth Glaze......I will check into that further. I like to have "proof" for my tree and will check whatever records I can to see if there is any in Connecticut.

Ann
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions