Search for content in message boards

Czech Translation on Parish Record

Czech Translation on Parish Record

Posted: 31 Jan 2013 11:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Feb 2013 12:10AM GMT
Surnames: Kolar
Hello, I am wondering if anyone is able to help translate this record for me. Due to the language barrier and type of script I cannot fully understand what I am seeing. I am particularly intersted in the details of the Father and Mother boxes.

This record is from the Strakonic, Bohemia area.

Thank you so much for looking, and helping if able!
Attachments:

Re: Czech Translation on Parish Record

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 12:51AM GMT
Father: Francis Kolar', a day-laborer in Strakonice, [house] #248, the son of Joseph Kolar', a small cottager in Doubravice,[house] #6, Horaz'dovice district, [and] of mather Mary nee Vokrojtez' of Doubravice #6.

(Doubravice is a small village about 8 miles north of the town of Strakonice. The village is about 7 miles east of the district town of Horaz'dovice.)

Mother: Veronica, the daughter of Matthias Cimburk, a farmer from M[n]ichov, [house] #9, Strakonice district, [and] of mother Veronica nee Vohac'tez' from M[n]ichov #9.

(The godparents were a cottager couple surnamed Sokol from Hubenov, a hamlet about midway between Strakonice and Doubravice and a couple of miles east of Mnichov.)

The first column names the priest who conducted the baptism. The "Baba" column gives the name of the midwife.

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 1:51PM GMT
Hi.

I will to comlete and correct the translation:
first culumn: Priest: Fra. Ferdinand Jan Warter chaplain.
second column: Midwife: Maria Roch (Rochova) examined.

Correction:
Mother of father: "Marie rozene Vokroj tez z Doubravice" = Maria nee Vokroj from Doubravice too.
Mother of mother: "Veroniky rozene Vokac tez z Michova" = Veronika nee Vokac from Mnichov too.

All the best. Tony.

Posted: 3 Feb 2013 9:43PM GMT
I want to thank you both! This record provided so much information that I would not have been able to have without this translation. I am sure it will lead to further info!

Posted: 27 May 2013 11:28PM GMT
Surnames: LEITZER
Can someone help me with the translation on this record? These attachments are from Prague church books baptismal records. Karl and Theresa are my great great great grand parents. I'm having trouble understanding some of the script on these records. I'm having a hard time trying to decipher Karl's fathers first name and what village Karl's parents were from. It looks like the village name ends in witz but can't figure out the first part of the name.
Attachments:

Posted: 28 May 2013 4:15PM GMT
Transcription:

Leitzer Karl, Schneiderdekreter zu Prag, geborene zu Chanowitz No. 6, ehelicher Sohn des + Thomas Leitzer, Bauers daselbst und der Maria Magdalena, geborene Schmat aus Chanowitz No. 4.

Theresia, geborene Tuma, geborene zu Prag, No. …, eheliche Tochter des Daniel Tuma, bürgerlicher Leinwand Händlers daselbst, und der Katharina, geborene Křemich aus No. …

Translation:

Father: Leitzer Karl, a licensed tailor from Prague, born in Chanowitz (now Chanovice) No. 6, a legitimate son of the deceased Thomas Leitzer, a farmer thereat and of Maria Magdalena, née Schmat from Chanovice No. 4.

Mother: Theresia, née Tuma, born in Prague, No. …, a legitimate daughter of Daniel Tuma, a civic fabric dealer thereat, and of Katharina née Křemich from No. …

Posted: 28 May 2013 10:07PM GMT
Surnames: LEITZER
Thanks so much for the translation.

Dave
per page

Find a board about a specific topic