Search for content in message boards

Help with CZ translater

Help with CZ translater

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 11:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Haisman, Hajzman, Heisman
I'm getting better at reading/translating some of these matricky but I'm stuck here. I have a trace to what I think is coupling of Antonja Hajzman to Barbora dcera of Jakuba(oy?) (last name???) Vodokrty #3. I for the life of me, can not make out the groom's village, the brides father's name and much else. The image is from Dolni Lukavice 17 - Vokokrty 1800-1869 p. 1 Plzen archives online

I've been reasonably sure of the tracings to this point, but Antonja seems to disappear from the immediate area (no births in Dolni Lukavice records for him) so I need to know if there is an idea of the village he came from. I can make out a number of 13 or 73 but without knowing what village, searching has proved fruitless to this point. Or perhaps I've read the names wrong, either way please help if you can, thank you!
Attachments:

Re: Help with CZ translater

Posted: 2 Feb 2013 1:54AM GMT
Hello, Anton Hajčman (Hayczman) crofter from Střížovice #13 manor Lukavice. Village Strizovice are about 10 km east of Dolni Lukavice.
Barbara daughter of the deceased Jacob Hraus (Fraus?, but I think H) crofter from Vodokrty #3 manor Lukavice.
The suffix -ovi,-ovy arises in Czech by inflection of name. Regards

Posted: 2 Feb 2013 10:09AM GMT
Edited: 2 Feb 2013 10:11AM GMT
Thank you so much, I will look in Strizovice for evidence of birth and parents. Reasoning for thinking this is the ancestor I was looking for is son Matej also listed father as Anton, mother Barbara and lived @ Vodokrty #3. I see Barbara @ Vodokrty #3 so I'm guessing Anton came to live there from Strizovice. From that point there is evidence of 3 generations of Haismans who listed residence @ Vodokrty #3 so I'm thinking this is the correct couple.

I think it might be Fraus as to Barbora's maiden surname, I have run across that surname before. I will see if I can find the image in my records, maybe we can confirm that as well if I can find it. Did it look like there might be a Hajcman in the witness area, a Wogrief sp? Maybe a relation to Anton? That happens to be a name I have saved for further checking as well, again I will have to check what I have pulled. I pretty much ran down all the surname Hajcman and similar spellings in the area, many listed in Wossek and Lisice but none pointed to Anton, so I'm grateful you provided a lead in Strizovice.

Díky!

Posted: 2 Feb 2013 5:59PM GMT
Barbara was daughter of Jakob FRAUS.
Tony.

Posted: 2 Feb 2013 7:22PM GMT
The numbers are house numbers within the village not village numbers

Posted: 4 Feb 2013 6:54PM GMT
Thanks Tony, I am thinking the same. I believe I was having a hard time deciding which and I looked at other records for that domu and found the name indexed under the Fs, hence my assumption of Fraus.

Posted: 4 Feb 2013 7:00PM GMT
Thanks, I think I figured out what those actually meant after comparing names & seeing the same surname associated with the same domu #7, and then noticed sometimes over generations as well.

Posted: 5 Feb 2013 10:27PM GMT
Much thanks again, I did indeed find a birth record for Anton in Strizovice, son of Joseph and Rosina b 14 May 1776. A question is, his domu #17 listed as inquilinus, does that indicate not the cottage (land) owner? I find no record of coupling or births in Strizovice for Joseph, so I'm going to attempt to locate Rosina sub: Lukavicenses, and thereby hoping to find info for families of both Rosina and Joseph.

I will look in Dolni Lukavice for birth and/or marriage of Rosina ??? to Anton Hajcman. Thanks again, all of you, for your help!

Posted: 5 Feb 2013 11:51PM GMT
Do you think this could be who I am looking for? Father of Anton, Joseph? This is what I make of it...

10 Maii 1763 Joseph Hazcman village Lisice? & bride Catherina daughter of Mathie Hazcman?? (same surname?) village Lukavice in ?? Parish ??? ... and then I'm guessing list of witnesses and villages from...

Confused as to same surnames (common?), trying to make sure I'm not looking at an underage wedding or some other unusual circumstance. Also Joseph's wife was listed as Rosina in birth record for Anton in Strizovice, is this a common nickname or shortening of Catharina? Just trying to locate what village may have been the main family village for Joseph and continue searching from there. Thanks again!
Attachments:

Posted: 6 Feb 2013 2:40AM GMT
Well, I'm thinking the word right after Joseph's name means "widower". We'll see what the experts think, since of course I could be wrong. You are getting pretty far back. Even so, this record is a lot messier than the 1747 records for my husband's line. It's still free-form instead of in boxes.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic