Search for content in message boards

MORENZ -- Osterode East Prussia

MORENZ -- Osterode East Prussia

Judy DeWerth (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 2006 12:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Sep 2006 2:38AM GMT
Would like to exchange info with anyone researching ancestors from Osterode East Prussia Germany to Detroit MI--Decatur IL--Chaska MN--Racine WI

Judy DeWerth 108 Timberlake Circle Inman SC 29349-9659
jkdewerth@aol.com

Re: MORENZ -- Osterode East Prussia

Therese (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 2006 3:33PM GMT
Edited: 6 Sep 2006 2:35AM GMT
Surnames: Bejtka, Betka, Polcin, Polzyn, Sobieralska
Greetings,
My ancestors are from Poland, most came in 1883. I am neither sure which part of Poland nor the East Osterode Town/Village? I intend to work more on it this week. My family surnames are:
Bejtka/Betka
Polcin/Polzyn
Sobieralska
I was lucky to get the complete Citizenship paper on one relative,Casimir/Kasmir Bejtka, included his birth date, vessel, left from Hamburg Germany, then I had info that the Polish leaving left from either Hamburg or Brennem. Mine came into NY,NY.
If I find anymore this week interms of villages/town will post them.
What year(s) are you looking for?
Therese

Posted: 5 Sep 2006 7:08PM GMT
Edited: 6 Sep 2006 2:32AM GMT
Surnames: MORENZ, Jendrian, Hendrian, Koshinski, Studenski, Bartka, Zander
My Morenz/H(J)endrian ancestors arrived in New York
1881 from Breman
My Koshinski/Studenski/Bartka/Zander ancestors
arrived in New York & Baltimore 1883-1884
They came from the villages of Berfriede-Arnau& Thierau, Osterode, East Prussia Germany.
I know that others from these villages came over at about the same time and went to Detroit MI--Chaska MN--& Decatur IL.
Trying to find others researching in the Kreis(county)
of Osterode East Prussia.
Let me know if you find yours in this area
Have you used the LDS film??
Judy

Posted: 24 Jul 2011 9:49PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jul 2011 1:32PM GMT
Surnames: Hendrian, Koshinski
I am also researching this line. We have the Hendrian and Koshinski families. We are through the family of Daniel and Justiene Hendrian. Which family do you connect into?

Posted: 25 Jul 2011 10:21PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jul 2011 1:19PM GMT
Surnames: MORENZ, HENDRIAN, Jendrian, Pollit, Zander
I haven't been able to go to far back on my Morenz or
Hendrian/Jendrian .
I was hoping you might know how/if my Anna Hendrian is related to Daniel & Justine Hendrian.
Anna Hendrian born 4 April 1851 Thierau Osterode East Prussia Gremany died 10 Jan 1926 Decatur Macon IL married #1
Eugen Robert Pollit 12 Nov 1968 (He was born 1847 died 1870 nnear the battle at Metz) married #2 Friedrich Morenz 10 Sep 1872 EP born 29 Sep 1845 Bergfriede Osterode EP Germany
died 26 Sep 1926 Decatur Macon IL
Anna Hendrian Morenz was the daughter of Friedrich Jendrian
and Gottliebe Zander. Her parents died in East Prussia.
Friedrich Morenz was the son of Adam Morenz & ????

Judy DeWerth 108 Timberlake Circle Inman SC 29349-9659
jkdewerth@aol.com

Posted: 25 Jul 2011 11:39PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jul 2011 1:21PM GMT
Surnames: Hendrian
I haven't seen this last name, but i have just ordered the tapes from this area. i will be starting with each page and reviewing them. My brother speaks and reads german, so i am hoping progress is just around the corner.

My husband and I are also traveling to this part (Osteroda) in the next bit. We are hoping to take some pictures of the area. It's called "The Lakes". Cute towns, just about 2 1/2 hours north of Warsaw. What I know, the records are in Warsaw. But I am not sure if we could look at them. I know microfilm was taken of the area, but there has to be something else.

I will try to keep an eye out for any Hendrian. If I run across an "Anna", I will let you know.

Posted: 26 Jul 2011 2:03AM GMT
I'm also a Hendrian descendant. I take it you either know Doris Hendrian or sourced her work - she was the one who found out about the Hendrians in Thierau through her hard work.

The mystery with Hendrian is we don't know where they were before coming to America (at least John Hendrian and Catherine Schultz - the line I come from). They moved out of the Theirau/Osterode area since they were no longer in the records for their children's births. We'd all like to know where their children were born exactly.

Posted: 26 Jul 2011 4:05AM GMT
Edited: 26 Jul 2011 1:25PM GMT
My husband Great-Grandpa Christian Hendrian came to America through New York, but not Ellis Island. He came with his Dad Daniel and Mom Justeine. After staring at Poland for so long, I am beginning to understand cities, counties and Districts. There was a workshop put on in Salt Lake City for Polish and other Eastern European Ancestry the second week of July. I just missed it. It was put on my the Polish Ancestry Society.

I think there were brothers or Son and Father who lived in the Krapewo District. They were owners of Grocery Stores. There is a gentleman in France who also has a Hendrian connection. I am waiting to hear from him at this point. I will stay in touch and let you know if anything pops up. Thanks for keeping in touch.

To answer your questions, I don't know Doris Hendrian. Our Hendrians are currently living in Decatur, so maybe Doris knows them? We had a cousin (Koshinski) doing a lot of the work. Her mom was a Hendrian.

Posted: 26 Jul 2011 1:37PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jul 2011 1:28PM GMT
Surnames: Hendrian, Jendrian
Doris Hendrian and I exchanged info years ago. We exchanged info because we were both researching the same area for some of the same surnames. Even though we both felt that there had to be a connection we just never found it. I can't remember if Doris had ordered the LDS film from that area or not. When I first started I ordered all the film from that area that the LDS had. My aunt was alive at the time and she knew the area her paents were from. I was able to find my grandparents and their siblings in those records. The German Script is very hard to read. I can pick out some things and the rest I let the translator
figure out for me. I found the boat records for both of my grandparents. My Hendrian were Jendrian in the old country.I was told by Audrey Koshinski that the name was changed when they came over. I think the line Doris was researching came over earlier. Are you currently researching your line?
Judy DeWerth 108 Timberlake Cirlce Inman SC 29349-9659
jkdewerth@aol.com

Posted: 26 Jul 2011 1:51PM GMT
Have you checked the LDS film for the area your ancestors were in?? I was able to find my ancestors and their siblings in the records the LDS had for the area. I also was able to find their boat records.
If you're from the Decatur area you probably know Robert Kopetz. He has been to Poland several time. I think his son Mark has also been there with him. He wrote The History Of St John's Lutheran Church. He has pictures in the book of the area our ancestors were from.
What line is your Koshinski/Hendrian/Morenz from?
Judy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic