Search for content in message boards

MICHAEL PATRICK POLLARD - Where did he go?

MICHAEL PATRICK POLLARD - Where did he go?

Posted: 12 Nov 2012 3:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Pollard, Lawless
MICHAEL PATRICK POLLARD born 8th May 1888 in Dublin City Baptised in St. Mary Pro Cathedral, was one of my grandfather's siblings, yet I can't find out what happened to him.

The 1911 Dublin census states his parents, Joseph & Margaret Pollard had 13 children born living but only 9 alive.

I know that 3 died before 1911 and 9 married as I have all the appropriate certificates.

I cannot pin Michael Patrick Pollard down on the 1901 or 1911 Ireland Census.

A sister and 2 other brothers emigrated to the USA at different times, and died there, but I can't find Michael Patrick Pollard in the USA or England..

My Grandfather, James Pollard came over to England and settled in London, and the rest of his siblings died in Ireland.

If anyone knows what happened to him I would be thrilled to know..

Re: MICHAEL PATRICK POLLARD - Where did he go?

Posted: 13 Nov 2012 4:41PM GMT
Hello Teresa,
Found this,wonder if this could be Michael Patrick Pollard,but be aware he may have dropped his first name Michael,also who ever is filling in the census could have guessed his age as this is a rather large Lodging House with a house hold of 38 people,but what is interesting there are two people named Pollard and both from Dublin,see what you think.

125 Islington,
Islington,
Liverpool,
Lancashire.

Edward Pollard Lodger Single age 41 b.1870 Dublin,Ireland
Occupation.Grocer.
Patrick Pollard Lodger Single age 20 b.1891 Dublin,Ireland
Occupation.Joiner.

(Remember 38 people in Residence.)

Hope this helps.
Regards
Maureen.
Liverpool.

Posted: 13 Nov 2012 5:25PM GMT
Thanks Maureen.

Yes I have seen this one, but not sure if it's him, of course.

All our Pollard's used their original Christian name too but not always their second name quoted on Marriage certificates. However they usually quote their second Christian name on their childrens birth and marriage certificate!

No Edward Pollard in any generation of our family tree though.

Teresa

Posted: 14 Nov 2012 7:56PM GMT
Surnames: Pollard
Hi Teresa
As I understand it, 4 children had died before 1911 according to the Census and you have accounted for 3. If there is no sign of Michael in either Census, it would appear that he also died young.
I checked the website for Glasnevin Cemetery, one of the larger cemeteries in Dublin and there is a record for the burial of a Michael Pollard who died at the age of 9 months in 1889. That's all the information given on the free search. You need to purchase credits to get more information but it might be worth a look. The website is www.glasnevintrust.ie.

Brian

Posted: 14 Nov 2012 8:23PM GMT
Thanks Brian

I will take a look.

Posted: 9 Oct 2013 2:19PM GMT
Surnames: Pollard
Hi Brian

I've had a look at the Burial record and it's not him. :(

So I'm stil looking for him!

Posted: 10 Oct 2013 10:49AM GMT
Hi Teresa

Pity it didn't work out but I appreciate you letting me know. Good luck with your continuing search, I'll keep an eye out for your Michael Patrick.

Best Wishes

Brian

Posted: 10 Oct 2013 11:08AM GMT
Hi Brian

He was born on the 8th May and Baptized on the 16th so if he died as a youngster a death should have been registered. I will just have to keep looking too.

But then I have discovered a cousin of mine who our family never ever mentioned and I can't find a death registration for him either. Most odd!

Regards..Teresa
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions