Search for content in message boards

Annie/Anne Flynn

Annie/Anne Flynn

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 4:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Flynn/Thompson
Hello everyone, I am trying to trace my gr grand mother Annie Flynn.

I believe Annie was born in Dublin in 1880/1881. Annie's father was called John Flynn who was classed as a labourer. Annie married my gt grand dad James Thompson in Dublin in 1903 at the St Andrews RC church.

The marriage was Witnessed by James's brother and sister Edward and Mary Thompson. In 1911 James and Annie where living in Donnybrook south Dublin, withe theri four children Annie Mary, John, Kathleen, James Patrick and my grand mother Mary Elizsabeth. Any information would be very much appreciative.

Your's thankfully, Sharon.

Re: Annie/Anne Flynn

Posted: 1 Dec 2012 1:31AM GMT
Hi
Looking at the 1911 census for James & Annie, it looks to me like Annie was born in Mountrath, Queens County (now Co. Laoise). I can't find Annie on the 1901 census, though - did you?
Did the marriage record give Annie's mother's name, by any chance? That would obviously help in finding a birth/baptism for her, or her parent's marriage.

Posted: 1 Dec 2012 5:59PM GMT
Edited: 1 Dec 2012 6:07PM GMT
Dancer, is Mount East County, Queens/Laois? I've never heard of that Mountrath yes? A new piece of information.

If so then is father John Flynn in Laois for the 1901 Census? There are 48 John Flynn's in Laois.

I have civil registrations from 1864-1875 if any of her siblings may have been born within that town frame, these come with mother's name and maiden name. There are a number born with a father John at Mountmelick, Queens

Also any births from 1864 would be recorded on www.familysearch.org (but often without parents names)

www.irishgenealogy.ie

Anne Flynn born 1888 noted no record of month or day
Father - Flynn but no name
Mother - Ann Flynn
Witness 2 - Sarah Brennan
Address: 22 Townsend St. Dublin
St. Andrews (Dublin) RC

The marriage where you give the same church is not listed
but likely because of the date. Most genealogy resources
only go to 1899!

Annette Code

Posted: 3 Dec 2012 1:07AM GMT
Hi Annette
What I meant was that MOUNTRATH seems to be have been wrongly transcribed as Mount East - have a look at the 1911 census for the family and see what you think.
Regards, Colette

Posted: 3 Dec 2012 1:07AM GMT
Hi Annette
What I meant was that MOUNTRATH seems to be have been wrongly transcribed as Mount East - have a look at the 1911 census for the family and see what you think.
Regards, Colette

Posted: 3 Dec 2012 1:12AM GMT
Hi Annette
What I meant was that MOUNTRATH seems to have been wrongly transcribed as Mount East - have a look at the 1911 census for the family and see what you think.
Regards, Colette

Posted: 5 Dec 2012 5:50PM GMT
Hello to you both, and thank you for your help in this query. Well all I have info wise for Anne/Annie is what I have written, her dads name was John on her marriage cert. James Thompson who Anne/Annie married ws born in Carbury/Carberry co'Kildare. I know nothing of her sibblings. I am not much help am I. Thank you both again for your help and knowledge.

Kind regards. Sharon.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic