Search for content in message boards

McAloney Family of Co. Antrim

McAloney Family of Co. Antrim

Margie Tuttle (View posts)
Posted: 18 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Jan 2007 6:13AM GMT
Surnames: McAloney, McAlonan
Looking for all McAloneys leaving Ireland for Nova Scotia 1790 to 1840 from Co. Antrim probably Ballymina or money. Names were James, Alexander, Thomas, James Alexander, Robert, William and Samuel. All landed in Parrsboro Nova Scotia changing their name from McAlonan to McAloney and spread from there throughout North America. I am Compiling a complete family data on them all as they appear to have a common ancestor in Ireland. Any information on this family would be so appreciated.

McAlonan in Co.Antrim

Baird Ferguson (View posts)
Posted: 3 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: McAlonan, Gordon
Tracing McAlonan descendants from a Samuel McLonen/an and Jane Gordon married 1834 in Ballymena. Have large list of McAlonan descendants in Scotland

Family Search

Posted: 30 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2001 11:27AM GMT
Surnames: Mc Alorum, Mc Allorum, Mc Aloran
Searcing for above names I have a Micheal Mc Alorum 1864 but would like to find if this man had a brother or sister he is from Bagor Co Down but his sons lived in Belfast I am trying to link him to the name of another two families I know of Any help out therev

faitfuly yours Noel

macalonan/macaloney family name in scotland

s macaloney (View posts)
Posted: 9 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
thomas macaloney/macalonan bd1816 ballymena co antrim

john macaloney/macalonan bd1818 ballymena co antrim brother of above emigrated parsbro n.s. & married eliz. landells

john macaloney/macalonan son of the above thomas macaloney
bd abt 1842 ballymena co antrim married eliz. rock 1 jan 1867 moved to scotland year unknown

Family Search

Steven McGhee (View posts)
Posted: 23 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Macalonan, McAloney, Lowe, McGhee
John McAlonan born 1842, Ballymena, Co Antrim
Robert MacAloney (or McAlonan) born 1870 son of the above married Agnes Price born 1873 on December 31 1890 at Dalziel Parish, Lanarkshire, Scotland.
Elizabeth MacAloney born January 30 1891 daughter of the above married William Lowe born January 25 1890 at The Mance, Chryston, Scotland on December 29 1911.

McAlonan

Steve McGhee (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: McAlonan
John McAlonan born about 1842 in Ballymena, Co Antrim married Elizabeth Rock, born about 1844 in Ballymena, Co Antrim. They had siblings, Robert McAloney (or McAlonan) born 1870, Samuel McAloney born 1872, John McAloney born 1874 and William McAloney born 1883.
Robert was born in Ireland, Samuel, John and William were born in Scotland which means that the family moved to Scotland between 1870 and 1872.

Robert McAloney son of John and Elizabeth married Agnes Price, born 1873 in Oakingates, Staffordshire, England. They married on December 31 1890 in Dalziel Parish, Lanarkshire, Scotland. They had siblings called Elizabeth McAloney born 1891, Sussanah McAloney born 1895, John McAloney born 1892, Agnes McAloney born unknown, Louis McAloney born unknown, Florence McAloney born unknown, Jenny McAloney born unknown, William McAloney born unknown and Robert McAloney born unknown.

Elizabeth McAloney daughter of Robert and Agnes married William Lowe on December 29, 1911 at Chryston, Lanarkshire, Scotland. Elizabeth and William are my great grandparents.

If you wish any more information please do not hessitate to contact me by e-mail or if you have any dates you can add to my family history I would be very greatful if you did contact me.

Yours, Steve McGhee

McAlonan and Lowe

Posted: 5 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Aug 2002 12:52AM GMT
Surnames: McAlonan, Lowe
I have information on the William Lowe listed in your search. Please contact me privately.
Alison Jackson

McAlonan, Archy

Posted: 8 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 2 Feb 2002 10:02PM GMT
My grandmother, Jennie McAlonan is the daughter of Archie McAlonan, she born 18. According to a cousin, Malachy McAlonan, Archibald, b. about 1815 had a son Archibald, b. 1847. He m. 1871 Susan and we believe her to be a Laverty.
He had children Michael, Pat, Helen Mary James and Jennie, my grandmother, most born in Dunloy one perhaps in Armoy where I understand another branch of the McAlonan family lived.

Not sure how this connects with your line. Also, there is a small place called Killagan right near Dunloy that my grandmother's family were supposed to live. Anything strike a bell?
sue

Your John McAlonan

Posted: 9 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 2 Feb 2002 10:02PM GMT
Steve,
I have my own private McAlonan list with about 12 searchers. In making a compendium of their ancestors, the ones that seem to fit the closest with yours are the following:

1. Alexander McAlonan b. abt 1810, m. Catherine Corrigan

2. Robert McAlonan, b. Carrickfergus, Antrim, 1837, m.

Elizabeth Hendry in Port Glasgow, Renfrewshire. She

born in Ballycastle, Antrim;

3. William John McAlonan, October 19, 1861 Port

Glasgow

3. Ann McAlonan, abt 1865

3. Robert James

3. Daniel Alexander

3. Henry McAlonan, m. Mary Rice

4. Selina McAlonon, m. ? Healy

5. Maureen Healy

4. Robert McAlonan, m. Elizabeth McKay

5. Mary Jane Rice McAlonan, September 19,

5. Margaret McKinney McAlonan . b. July 28,

3. Elizabeth McAlonan

2. Patrick McAlonan, b. 1835, m. Sarah Dimond, Nov. 8,

1858, Port Glasgow

3. Alexander McAlonan

3. Catherine McAlonan

3. Sarah McAlonan

While I realize your John is not listed, could he be a brother of this Robert?

Unfortunately, the person who submitted this drops in and out of his email address as he is a seaman. He is currently off the list so I can't put you in touch with him.

If you want more particulars, let me know and I will see what else he wrote a couple of years ago.

sue

McAlonan

Steve McGhee (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Hi Sue,

I'm very sorry but the names you mentioned do not seem to be in my family tree. I have quite a few McAlonan's all seem to be coming from Ballymena, County Antrim, Ireland and they seemed to come over to Scotland about 1870. They settled all round about the Glasgow area.

Regards, Steve
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions