Search for content in message boards

Parks/Parkes from Tangier Island

Parks/Parkes from Tangier Island

newman thomas (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2006 2:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Thomas, Parks, Pruitt, Wiggins
Seekking info on Parks family of Tangier Island. Specifically Travis Parks who is buried behind Swain Mem. Church. Travis married Peggy? around 1850, she died c.1852, he then married Margaret Thomas c.1853, they had twin boys, Marg. was dau. of John Thomas, Sr. of Tangier.

Re: Parks/Parkes from Tangier Island

Posted: 31 Aug 2006 1:27AM GMT
Surnames: Parks Parkes
I am also looking for information on Travis (Trivis, Trevis - I have seen all three spellings) Parks. It may be two different Travis Parks' from Tangier but both were married to a Margaret at about the same time if my info is correct.

Here is some of the info I have compiled so far. I hope that I do not have any of my references crossed with a different Travis Parks.

Descendants of Travis Parks

Generation No. 1

1. TRAVIS PARKS (STEPHEN, JOB, JOB, ARTHUR, JOHN) was born March 30, 1828 in Tangier, VA, and died March 20, 1905 in Tangier, VA. He married MARGARET 1849. She was born October 04, 1827 in Tangier, VA, and died March 29, 1874 in Tangier, VA. He married (2) LEAH PRUITT January 23, 1877 in Somerset Co., MD, daughter of WILLIAM PRUITT and RACHEL DAUGHERTY. She was born Abt. 1850 in Fox Island, VA.

More About TRAVIS PARKS:

More About MARGARET:
Burial: Main Ridge Tangier, VA

Children of TRAVIS PARKS and MARGARET are:
i. JOHN L. PARKS, b. Abt. 1850.
ii. STEVEN EDWARD PARKS, b. Abt. 1854.
iii. HENRY L. PARKS, b. March 02, 1855; d. May 03, 1911.
iv. ANDREW PARKS, b. August 15, 1858, Tangier, VA; d. January 31, 1927.
2. v. JOSHUA ASBURY PARKS, b. August 20, 1859; d. May 28, 1939.
vi. ELSWORTH PARKS, b. 1863.
vii. CHARLES WESLEY PARKS, b. August 06, 1865.

Child of TRAVIS PARKS and LEAH PRUITT is:
viii. WILLIAM7 PARKS, b. 1877.

Please let me know if you have any more information.

Posted: 31 May 2013 5:10AM GMT
I have some old photos of the following families and some of the people were born on Tangier island. Parks, Murphy and Hurley. The photos begin with Charles Murphy and Phoebe Cannon and have Lewis Parks and Frances Murphy as well as George Murphy and Golda Hurley. If interested I can email them to you or you can find them here on my tree.

Posted: 1 Aug 2013 4:19PM GMT
Surnames: Parks
I am related to the Parks of Tangier and Hollands Island and am looking for info on Peter Hargis Parks or Peter Harvey Parks, who had a son named Lewis. Would love to see your photos
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions