Search for content in message boards

Hoinville Hills

Hoinville Hills

Posted: 25 Feb 2011 5:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
Does anyone know where I can find pictures/information on Hoinville Hills west of Minong WI. I know it's Heartwood Conference Center now. But at one time (1930's I believe) it was a ski area and boy scout camp. I've searched every where I can think of, and find nothing. Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
L.E. Titera

Re: Hoinville Hills

Posted: 18 Aug 2012 6:35PM GMT
his is a photo of the Lodge that was at Hoinville Hills, it was in the town of Chicog. The house was built in 1923 and it was known as the Lodge, the house was made from logs that were on the property. The Hoinville family owned and built the property. there were caretakers living on the property.
In 1955 it was sold to the Paradise Sportsman Club from Chicago. In 1960 it was sold to Camp Adventures for non payment of taxes. In 1962 it was sold to the Northwest Suburban Council of Des Plaines IL for back taxes and the Boy Scouts used it until 1977 when it was sold again and then in 1998 Bethany Lutheran College bought the property.
Attachments:

Posted: 18 Aug 2012 11:00PM GMT
Thank you very much.

My step-mother worked there back in the 1930's.

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 2:26PM GMT
Hi,

My father, Norman A. Norman, lived with the Hoinvilles all during the 1930's, both at Hoinville Hills and in Chicago. He had lots of wonderful memories of that period in his life, and I have all of his old photos and momentos.

Who is your step-mother?

Bill Norman
per page

Find a board about a specific topic