Search for content in message boards

Richard Parker from England

Richard Parker from England

Melissa (View posts)
Posted: 18 Mar 2005 4:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
Wow, am I confused?!?!?! I've found at least three Richard Parkers who imigrated from England and landed in America somewhere. I believe, though, that I need information on the Richard Parker who landed in Nansemond Co., VA. It's my husband's family I am researching and we believe that John H. Parker and Mary Stone are his gggggg grandparents. I'm needing info on John's ancestors - the possibilities I have are John's parents being Thomas Parker and Jeane Early, his grandparents being Richard Parker and Elizabeth Bailey. I'm thinking this Richard was a chirurgeon, but certainly not certain of this..nor of any of this for this matter.

Is this line familiar to anyone - please I need help!!!! Thanks.

Melissa

Re: Richard Parker from England

William Parker (View posts)
Posted: 30 Mar 2005 1:47PM GMT
This is my line of Parker's would like to talk to you.
Please e-mail me direct.

William Parker parker5860@fcbl.net Luverne, Al.

Posted: 13 Apr 2005 2:13AM GMT
Am trying to find the parents of William S Parker born 1801 in South Carolina that shows up in Talladega County, Al on the 1850 census. Next census he is in Jefferson County, Al where he lived out his life. From children's ages he moved to Alabama between 1838 and 1842. After finding and eliminating Williams in Georgia in 1830 and 1840 on age, number of children, or still being there in 1850, I narrowed it down to one William Parker in 1840 Georgia, Taliaferro Cnty, Dist 608, image 1. He was living next door to Richard Parker and wife. This Richard Parker was born 1772, his wife same age bracket. When I checked that county on 1850 census (Div 78, image 36) There is a Joseph R PArker 29 and family, Eunice Parker 57 and family, and finally Richard Parker 88, no wife, all living adjacent. Do either of you know if Eunice might be widow of William or of another son of Richard? Is the 1840 William in Georgia the same as the 1850 William in Alabama?

Posted: 22 Jul 2009 2:01PM GMT
Since this post, have you found the answer to Richard Parker being your ancestor immigrant? I understand that the Elizabeth Bailey married to Richard Parker (online genealogies) was actually married to a Philip Parker. I would like to know if she married both?

Posted: 22 Jul 2009 4:23PM GMT
I am member of Y-DNA Parker Family Group 7. Richard Parker of
Nansemond C0.,VA is (1) not Dr.Richard Parker and (2) not married to Elizabeth Bailey. Richard Parker 1624-bef 4-23-1681
father was William Parker born in England abt.1604 -died in Nansemond Co., VA aft 1655 as per research by Mrs. Ray Parker Fouts in her book Following The Land.
Wayne N.Parker

Posted: 23 Jul 2009 4:45PM GMT
Surnames: Parker
Wayne, we are glad to see your family testing and being in Group #7. I understand what you are saying. I have studied Waunita Powell's "Three Richard Parkers" and it is a fantastic work also. I understand from her lineage that her Dr. Richard Parker is the Browsholme Parker line. My ggggrandfather Henry Parker is represented by P20, P17, P31, and P63-Family Group #1.
These are all descendants of Henry Parker Sr. We had to be sure of the descendancy because of the heritage of Native American blood and oral tradition.
Descendancy charts in Family Group #1 list Thomas and Jeane/Jane Early Evans Parker from several lines of theirs.(for instance, P149) However, all that research from others does not "prove" my Henry's ancestry-it is only a roadsign.The wills and land records are quite definitive because of first person but I have not seen any of the William Parker (1604) records in that area that list his children.
I purchased Rebecca Dozier's book and also Ray Fouts' book because I am naturally a person who likes to document with the help of others who have been doing this a lot longer than I have. I started on the Parker line when I found the Guion Miller rolls applications of Henry's granddaughter in 1995. This showed me roadsigns and the ydna of Family Group #1 records confirmed that I was researching in the right place. I went to the last place he is recorded as living in South Carolina and am doing a process of elimination on all the Parkers who do not "belong" to my ydna line. I have helped others in different family groups because alot of these Parker families intermingled but the ydna is reliable.
So, if you would share with us your descendancy from William Parker born 1604, it would really be a huge help.
Thank you.

Posted: 23 Jul 2009 5:40PM GMT
per page

Find a board about a specific topic