Search for content in message boards

1851 Census for Mountain

1851 Census for Mountain

Posted: 2 Dec 2006 2:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
I've just finished the first draft transcription of the 1851 census for Mountain Township.
It is available to anyone intersted at no charge.
In this draft I have transcribed names as they appear even though it is obvious that many are spelled incorrectly. I may do an updated version which includes suggested family names to make it easier to search.

Re: 1851 Census for Mountain

Posted: 5 Jan 2007 5:54PM GMT
Surnames: jackson
I am researching my ancestor, Joseph Jackson, who lived in Dundas-Mountain at the time of the 1851 census. He was married to Elizabeth, NFI, and they had several children. They were still there during the 1861 census, but dropped from sight by the 1871 census. Joseph was likely from Northern Irleand and was a farmer. Do you have any further information that may facilite my search to detemrine where in Ireland Joseph came from and in what year? Thank you, Dave Bresett, Virginia

Posted: 6 Jan 2007 1:28AM GMT
Sorry Dave. The only research I've done so far beyond the census is for my own people.

Jim

Posted: 15 Feb 2007 1:14AM GMT
Surnames: JACKSON
Hello Dave

Do you know the names of the Jackson you are looking for? I have many Jacksons in my line. I may have something that will be of interest to you.

Terry

Posted: 24 May 2011 12:01PM GMT
I also am trying to trace back Joseph Jackson 1812 in Ireland. Married Elizabeth Smith (Miller). Death Mountain Twp. Dundas, Ontario Canada. Can not locate past Joseph's line - parents, etc. Any help would be appreciated.
Tks. Rose

Posted: 14 Sep 2012 12:05PM GMT
Rose,

any luck on tracing Joseph jackson?

Dave

Posted: 24 Nov 2012 1:23AM GMT
Looking for information re John Levere born 1830, spouse?
parents? any family..........

Posted: 29 Mar 2013 3:53AM GMT
Try www.automatedgenealogy.com which has this census and other year census - be sure to click on "split view" which loads the original image and you can study the handwritten data by the enumerator as many times the transcribed information is "best reading available". www.familysearch.org also has the census but at this point is transcribed & indexed and no image is available (yet). If I hadn't already known the given name was "Lovinia" - I would have really been confused as to what "Looinch" meant for a first name on the transcribed census.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions