Search for content in message boards

William & Elizabeth Coffman, William Ekis

William & Elizabeth Coffman, William Ekis

Posted: 18 Nov 2005 9:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Coffman, Ekis, Ekiss, Bryan, Bryant
I found William & Elizabeth Coffman in the 1880 Census of Lebanon Twp., Cooper Co., Missouri (they are not indexed by either LDS or Ancestry.com in that record). They were given as the head of a household containing John Bryant (wife Sarah who is given as daughter of William & Elizabeth) and several grandchildren. I believe this to be a family that left Barbour Co., WV in the late 1870s. I found a William Ekis in a cemetery listing of Cooper Co. with only his death date and age given, but it is not unlikely that he was a brother to Elizabeth Coffman.

Family tradition has given William Coffman family as moving to Missouri following previous moves of a son George Coffman before the Civil War & a son John Coffman following a post Civil War episode. The westward move of William Ekis from Barbour Co., VA has suggested he moved to Iowa and that he left descendants in central Illinois including a Beatrice Ekis (now deceased) who lived in Springfield, Ill. Tradition also indicates a daughter of William & Elizabeth was killed when a tornado dropped a shed on her in Kansas.

I am seeking any information to further characterize these individuals and their families.

Nick Sturm

Re: William & Elizabeth Coffman, William Ekis

Posted: 26 Nov 2005 4:25AM GMT
Surnames: Coffman, Ekis, Bryan
The family of Lewis Coffman, almost certainly a child of William & Elizabeth (Ekis) Coffman, together with wife
and several children has been found on the same page that is indexed also to John Bryant.

Posted: 3 Feb 2007 5:48PM GMT
I was wondering if you are still researching these people? I have not worked on my lineage for several years, but just starting to get back into it. William and Elizabeth are my direct lineage, but I do not have any information past that point. I would love to share information.

Thanks,
Karen
Kentucky

Posted: 9 Mar 2009 8:50PM GMT
Surnames: Coffman, Ekis
I am researching William & ELizabeth Coffman & the Ekis family. Nick was a cousin to my husband. He died Nov 26 2006. I miss him a lot. He was my go to guy when I had questions & we tried to work on things together. His sister had been my teacher when I was in high school.
I have a good bit on the Coffmans (Not all proved) but not much on the Ekis. We believe Peter Ekis was married to Barbara SHROYER but can't find the link to the Shroyer line.
I look forward to sharing with you.
Karen Burner Coffman
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions