Search for content in message boards

Help reading script

Help reading script

Posted: 7 May 2013 3:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Greetings!

I have a couple of records and I'm having trouble reading them, hoping another set of eyes will help. They are mother and son records of birth and I am mostly trying to get the mothers surnames correct. What I (think) can read...

#1 (entry #2) Parents: father - Waclaw Motis Snd?: ???? Janowa, mother - Anna dau of Waclaw S????la ???????? Koritt & mother Barbora (maiden name) B?????ova Koritt; Godparents Mary S?????owa (same surname) & Anton Motis, both ??????? Koritt

#2 Mother: Anna Motisova dau of Waclaw Motisa ?????? Jarow #2 and Anna (maiden name) S????? (Simlana??), cottage Jarow #2, Godfathers Anton Urban 1/2 ?????? Jarow #6 and Anton Motis??? 1/2 ?????? Jarow #22, widwife Anna Urbanowa Jarowa ??????

The surname beginning with S is the same surname in both. Also can't make out what the surname starting with a B is (at least I THINK it is a B). Surname that starts with S is different that that on record (Lumel) so I'm trying to figure out if it's an english version of a Czech name or totally different. Any help appreciated, thank you!
Attachments:

Re: Help reading script

Posted: 7 May 2013 8:37PM GMT
Waclaw Motiš sedlák z Janowa - Václav Motiš, farmer from Janov
Anna dcera Waclawa Šimka půlsedláka z Koritt a matky Barbory rozený Benešovy z Koritt - Anna daughter of Václav Šimek, farmer from Koryta and mother Barbora née Benešová from Koryta
Marie Šimková, Anton Motiš - farmers from Koryta

Anna Motišowa dcera Waclawa Motiše sedlaka z Janowa Nr. 2 a Anny rozené Šimkové z Koryt Nr. 11
Anton Urban 1/2sedlák z Janowa Nr. 6
Anton Melichar 1/2sedlák z Janowa Nr. 22
Anna Urbanová z Janowa nezkoušená - not qualified

sedlák, půlsedlák (1/2sedlák) - both were farmers, just the second one had less land

Posted: 7 May 2013 9:34PM GMT
Edited: 7 May 2013 9:41PM GMT
Much thanks, as that appears like it might be the Simic connection to this family. I will have to take a closer look at records in Koryt.

Not qualified for Anna Urbanova, I take it not qualified as Godparent or Baba (midwife). So 1/2 sedlak & pulsedlak are equilivent? Or does that mean 1/2 here and 1/2 in another location? I know this family traveled between Jarov, Vyrov, and Koryt farming, thus the reason for my ?

Thanks again!

Posted: 8 May 2013 10:38PM GMT
Ok, those lead me to here and this script is older and harder for me to read, dating back to 1828. This is what I see...

22 červenec 1828 domu #1 jmeno Frantisek Simica Baba ??? podrodni Anna Subin?? Rohawowa?? ???? #12

Babtizavi Petrus Heinz??

This part under with the priest/scribe's script is what I was most interested in, because it looks to give a date of 19 Mar 1861 with 2 other words before it, can anyone tell me what this is? This could very well be the Frank Simic I've been searching for.
Attachments:

Posted: 9 May 2013 1:10AM GMT
I see three words which I assume mean "emigrated to America."

Posted: 9 May 2013 3:00AM GMT
Edited: 9 May 2013 3:07AM GMT
That is what I was thinking too, but I've not run across that in a registry before. If it is, this is quite possible the Frantisek Simic I've been searching for. It makes a great deal of common sense too, as most of the other surnames in the area are the same common surnames that settled together in the same vicinity in US. The village name is Sedlec, near Potvorov and just North of other villages where I've found inter-married families. The time frame for immigration is EXACT. This is highly likely the family I've been seeking.

I have to confirm it by finding the other family members, but it's at least a hurrah for that. Part of the problem is the town in split between different parishes, and one is not yet online.

Much thanks to EVERYONE who help provide me clues to get this far!

Posted: 19 May 2013 4:58PM GMT
If you take down the words from the first and second line regarding marriages to the third line, the complete text is:

"Taufschein behufs der Auswanderung nach America ausgefertigt den 19.03.1861"

Baptismal certificate written (and handed out) on the 3-19-1861 for the purpose of emigration to america.

Posted: 20 May 2013 3:00AM GMT
Thanks for the complete translation. I'm still on the trail on both sides, here in the US and in Czech.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions