Search for content in message boards

Choctaw Indian King family

Choctaw Indian King family

Posted: 28 Dec 1999 10:53AM GMT
Edited: 30 Jan 2002 4:52PM GMT
Am searching for information about the King children. Father was Choctaw Chief Moshulatubbee, mothers names unknown, two wives, one Choctaw, one European.
Children as follows:
James Madison King
Charles King
Hiram King
Peter King
McKee King
William Chubbee King
Kiamichi King
Barrett King
Rebecca King

The family began in Missouri (as far as I can tell), then was "moved" westward until settling in Indian Territory (Oklahoma).

Would love to hear from any cousins!
Kim

Choctaw King

Posted: 29 Dec 1999 12:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Oct 2006 2:16AM GMT
Do you know what time frame and which children came from each mother?

Choctaw King

Posted: 29 Dec 1999 12:34PM GMT
Edited: 20 Aug 2005 1:53PM GMT
I don't know which kids belong to which mother, but here are the names:
Rebecca (my line)
Kiamichi born 1796
Mary
Peter Wakiya
James Madison
Hiram
Charles
Barrett
William Chubbee
McKee
Ann Lewellyan (there are differences of opinion on this last one)
Any of these familiar?
Kim

Rebecca and Richard King: VA > OH > MO

Gene King (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2000 5:43AM GMT
Edited: 20 Aug 2005 1:55PM GMT
My father and I are related to a Rebecca and Richard King in the early late 1700 and 1800s as they migrated from Virginia to Ohio then to Missouri. There were inidan marriages to Grey's (two Indian sisters) in 1833 or thereabouts. Can also contact my father (Ira Lee King) at king.sol2@juno.com ---- he is the real reseacher.

Choctaw Indian King / Kim Davis

Dianna Long (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2000 4:11PM GMT
Edited: 20 Aug 2005 2:05PM GMT
Hi Kim, this is your cousin Dianna Sue in Oregon. Saw you query in the message board
posted 12/28/99. Mushulatubbee, Rebecca
King Williams and her children came from Mississippi not Missouri. Our Samuel Williams was born in Copiah Co. MS
Aug 9, 1824. Jami Self Hamilton shows
Rebecca as being born in abt 1794 in South
Carolina. I have tried to E-mail you at address I had @ hotmail.com but says not
vaid. do you have a new E-mail address?
Would like to hear from you , my address is still dlong@onlinemac.com. I have some older
pictures Aunt sue had of your Grandma, Grandpa and the kids. If you would like to have copies let me know. Also saw your
message looking for your grandfater's
brother Frank Williams. Did Uncle's Frank's
son Ben get in touch with you? Hope to hear from you. Dianna Sue

Connection to Chief Moshulatubbee

Posted: 14 Feb 2000 7:04PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jul 2001 12:20AM GMT
My husbands family (Frost) is reported to have a connection in the form of Tom King who had a daughter (Jensie or June) Ashford (Married to John in 1807 in Tenn.) They then had a son, James Ashford who had several sons: John, Frank, Jim, Tom and Dan. Our connection is with Frank who had several sons: Andrew, Charlie, J.D. and Filmore. Filmore had a daughter named Mollie who is the mother of my husbands Grandmother. " Do you have a headache yet?"
Any help would be appreciated. I just started looking into this and I'm going crazy. We do have a surety agreement for Jensie King and John Ashford dated 1807 in Tenn.

Thank you,
Paula Frost
E-Mail frostgrannypaula@cs.com

Iva King b.1892, TX

Jackie Spierman (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2000 6:50AM GMT
Edited: 20 Aug 2005 2:02PM GMT
My grandmother was Iva King b.1892 in Blum TX. She was a triplet but one died at birth. Her twin brother was Ira Lee King who moved to California as a young man. Their parents were Marcus Haley King Nina Provina Davis. My grandmother said she was 1/4 Cherokee. Anyone have any information?

Mushulatubbe & Elias King

Posted: 28 Apr 2001 1:49PM GMT
Edited: 20 Aug 2005 2:06PM GMT
I am looking for a connection between Mushulatubbe and my ancestor Elias King. I saw the postings for Rebecca Williams, and wondered if she had a brother named Elias? Anyone out there know? I know Elias had a daughter named Rebecca Jane King- My gg grandmother... Any info appreciated.
Anne Jones
dajsb@aol.com

Re: Iva King, TX

Posted: 27 Sep 2002 6:46PM GMT
Edited: 20 Aug 2005 2:03PM GMT
I am researching an Iva King who had a child Ira King and Edwin King. The only reason I am writing is because of some perhaps coincidental things. I was never sure of my Grandfathers parents names because I have very little data to go by. I thought that Iva's maiden name was Farot however it could be a middle name. In an obit. for Edwin King of Ohio it shows her name listed as Iva Farot King and his father as Marinous however it lists siblings with a different last name. Perhaps her last name was King. In addition it lists a child named Ira King. My grandmother said there were family in TX and that they used to visit there. The twin thing also made me write because I am a twin. Since I have been at a dead end I thought I would investigate further. Please visit my site at http://williammccready.accessgeneaolgy.com/ for more data.

Re: Connection to Chief Moshulatubbee

Posted: 10 May 2005 4:33AM GMT
Surnames: Ashford, King, Edwards
I found your message about your connection with James Ashford very interesting. I am descended from James' sister, Mary Ann Ashford who married Howard Edwards. They both lived in Polk Co. AR. I have a listing of the children of James and Prudena Ashford and I don't find some of the names you listed. Can you tell me which son was Frank and Dan? For sons I have James W.; John Alexander; William C.; Thomas G. and Benjamin F. I have been trying to connect this family to the Choctaw stories in our family history. I did find Thomas G. Ashford on the Dawes Rolls. Where did you find the information that Jincey or Jane King was the daughter of Tom King? Any help you can give me would be appreciated.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic