Search for content in message boards

obit lookup please approx 1859-1864

obit lookup please approx 1859-1864

Posted: 7 Oct 2012 2:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Long, Anderson
Looking for Joseph W Long who died sometime between 1862-1864. He was married to Catherine Long and brother to Nimrod S Long.
Looking for Florence Long, daughter of Joseph and Catherine Long, born 1859, died sometime between 1860-1864.
Looking for Margaret Anderson, mother of Catherine Long. Died sometime between 1858-1859.
All lived in Louisville.

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.
-Donna Carter

Re: obit lookup please approx 1859-1864

Posted: 8 Nov 2012 10:36PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Hello Donna-

Joseph R. Reinhart has indexed the Louisville Anzeiger http://louisvilleanzeigerlisting.yolasite.com/listing-4.php
That is a great resource.

There are two Joseph Long's - one of them is age 22 died June 26, 1862. The death notice was put in the paper July 1, 1862. The other Joseph Long listed in that time frame died September 30, 1862, no age was given.

I did not see I did not see Florence Long in the index.

Re: obit lookup please approx 1859-1864

Posted: 9 Nov 2012 2:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Nov 2012 2:08PM GMT
Surnames: Long, Anderson
Hello Alicia. I read your message regarding my Joseph W Long obit lookup. In the first minute of reading your response, the fist Joseph Long, 22yrs (as you noted), wouldn't fit my relative's age. The second one, no age listed, may or may not fit.
BUT!!!! I clicked onto the link you provided, not really paying attention to the newspaper's name (mostly because I couldn't pronounce it) and scanned through the index listings, just to look around. I came across a line for Joseph W Long and realized this was the same person you mentioned in your response to me. The age is really 41 (assuming you mistyped, but who cares!!) and that fits my relative perfectly!! Was very excited and thankful for your help. I now have firm proof of a death date.
I went a litte further and looked into your initial post regarding this Louisville Anzeiger to learn that it was a German newspaper. Hadn't given any thought to the origin of the Long last name. As I have very very little information on this family, your generous help gave more clues to their ancestry. A very bright spot in my day!
Really appreciate the help Alicia, you've given me more direction than just a death date.
-Donna
per page

Find a board about a specific topic