Search for content in message boards

Jeremiah Goins-Oti

Jeremiah Goins-Oti

Cheryl (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 2004 3:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Feb 2004 4:09PM GMT
Surnames: Goins, Abshire, Drake
hi...I am a descendant of Jeremiah Goins. I was wondering if anyone had any info on his wife, Oti's parents. I never could go farther back than her. My line is thru Jeremiah, then Monroe, then Chester and then my Mom Joan Goins .My mom was from Oklahoma and came to LA after her marriage to my dad...I am from Louisiana and was surprised to find that one of my anscestors came from the town I live in now. Rosalie Abshire (from Abbeville, LA daughter of John Jacob Abshire) married John Drake, their daughter Sarafina Married Jeremiah Goins and so on...If you have any further info on Oti please let me know.
Thanks
CherylBenoit

Re: Jeremiah Goins-Oti

Posted: 2 Mar 2004 5:48AM GMT
Edited: 3 Mar 2004 12:16PM GMT
Surnames: Goins, Gober
Hi Cheryl, I am not related, just doing some research for a lady in Oklahoma. She is also descended from Jeremiah, Jeremiah Jr, Monroe, Fay Isabel Goins who married Kenneth Carl Gober, their child Verna Lee Gober, and her child Joyce Kimmel.

I have just started my research, but will send you anything that I have. and anything that I turn up.
What I have so far is that Oti was married to Philip Goins, and that Philip had two children with a woman before Oti, and that Oti and Philip only had the one child, Jeremiah, and that he had two children with another woman after Oti.

Please email me with any questions and I will try and help you.

Posted: 25 Apr 2004 2:32AM GMT
Edited: 13 Apr 2006 5:48PM GMT
Surnames: Goins, Morris, Hinkle
I am very interested in any information on Phillip or Oti Goins. My line is through Jeremiah and Sarafina, through their daughter, Caroline Goins Morris, and her daughter, Kansas Elizabeth Morris Goins Hinkle. Kansas was my grandmother, who was first married to Monroe Goins, then my grandfather, George Washington Hinkle. I will gladly share information.

Cheryl Benoit (View posts)
Posted: 27 Apr 2004 3:12AM GMT
Edited: 28 Apr 2004 1:17PM GMT
Surnames: Goins, Drake, Smith, Taylor, Andrews, Gould, Abshire, Hargrave
My line goes from Phillip Goins-Oti Montro...to their son Jeremiah and his wife Serafina Drake...to their son Jeremiah and his wife Sarah Alice Smith (Married Sept 4, 1874 in Atacosco County TX)... to Monroe and his second wife Susan Dolly Taylor..., to Chester Goins and Corinne Andrews to Joan Goins (adopted by Floyd Gould)...Joan was my Mom..But I may have some info you don't on Serafina Drake's parentage...She was the daughter of Rosalie Abshire the daughter of Jean"John" Baptiste Abshire (Germany/Pennsylvania) and Francoise "Fanny" Hargrave (Brunswick Co. VA). These were early settlers of Abbeville, LA. She was their third child borne Jan 15, 1782 Married John "Jean" Aaron Drake Jr... May 18, 1800 and died May 21, 1881 in Bexar Co TX..hope this is info you don't have yet... It is always fun to get something new..
Cheryl Benoit

Posted: 9 May 2004 9:50PM GMT
Edited: 10 May 2004 8:58AM GMT
Surnames: Goins, Drake
hey cheryl, i'm rae goins, granddaughter of earl goins, i also live in la. shreveport, we have a long line here. i've been trying to get information togather for a few years now. we are also descended from jeramiah goins and sarafina drake.

Barbara Ellison (View posts)
Posted: 2 May 2005 12:05PM GMT
Edited: 2 May 2005 4:28PM GMT
Surnames: Goins
Hi all..I'm descended from Jeremiah and Oti thru daughter Eveline, and her daughter Amanda Padilla, and her daughter Lavenia, and her daughter Verna, my grandmother, and her daughter Maxine..
If you have something that verifies Oti had a second name, (Montro), please let me know..This has been a real humdinger of a controversy, as none of us have ever found anything that shows Oti had any other name but Oti Goins..Oti is a Choctaw word meaning a fire kindler, chestnut, and to ascend..We figure in her case, it probably meant fire kindler..

Cheryl Benoit (View posts)
Posted: 3 May 2005 11:44PM GMT
Edited: 4 May 2005 4:07PM GMT
Surnames: Goins, Drake, Smith, Taylor
Hi
I have Oti (Montro) married to Phillip Goins. Their son Jeremiah married to Saraphina Drake...their daughter Evelyn must be your anscestor. My line is thru her brother Jeremiah JR married to Alice Smith. Their son Monroe married to Susan Dolly Taylor. Their son Chester Goins is my grandfather. I dont' have any proof of Oti's second name.
Cheryl

Barbara E. (View posts)
Posted: 4 May 2005 11:45AM GMT
Edited: 4 May 2005 4:07PM GMT
Surnames: Goins, Drake
Thanks for your line..
Philip Goins was married to Oti, and they did have one child, Jeremiah..and Jeremiah did marry Sharafina Drake, and they did have a daughter Eveline, my direct ancestor..3rd-g-grandmother..
Eveline stated that Oti was fullblood Choctaw..Do you have the court records with the affadavits and such?
Barbara

Barbie (View posts)
Posted: 4 May 2005 12:35PM GMT
Hi, I have a friend that lives in Oklahoma that is also related to Oti. Can I please have your contact info so that I can put her in touch with you? I am not sure how much info she has, but I do have some in a folder as I was helping her to trace her roots. thank you, Barbie Osborne

Barbara E. (View posts)
Posted: 4 May 2005 2:10PM GMT
Hi Barbie..
Sure..my email is Petitiona777a@yahoo.com
Chances are your friend and I are already in touch..but possibly not..
B.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic