Search for content in message boards

Elizabeth Williams

Elizabeth Williams

Posted: 15 Feb 2001 4:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Jan 2004 11:13AM GMT
Surnames: Williams, Spears, McDaniels, Brunson, Stinson, Nunn
Looking for family with common ancestors. My 5x greatgrandmother, Elizabeth Williams (full blood Eastern Cherokee) married to Jesse Spears, dau Obedience married first McDaniels and then Hezekiah Brunson. Their daughter, Aletha married Freedom Stinson. Eldest daughter, Harriet Elizabeth, my gggrandmother married Ezeriah Nunn. I am descended from their 3rd child, Harrison Haley Nunn. Would like to hear from someone who knows something about the McDaniels, Spears, or Williams connections. Hezekiah and Obedience married in Richmond Co GA, living in MO after 1829. May have lived in AL or MS at some time previous to move to MO.

Re: Elizabeth Wiliams

mike (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2004 2:33AM GMT
Edited: 19 Jan 2004 11:13AM GMT
Surnames: Brunson, Butler
My GG grandmother was Susan "Susie" Brunson. She was Eastern band also from SC. She married my GG grandfather George Butler. They resided in Ridgeway SC. Do you have anymore info about the Brunsons?

Re: Elizabeth Williams

Posted: 19 Jan 2004 3:15AM GMT
Edited: 15 Aug 2005 11:41PM GMT
Surnames: Spears, Pope
My uncle by marriage, was Willis Spears. I think he was from Southern Illinois, but not sure. He married Annie Pope and they had four boys and three girls. Lived in Northern Illinois for many years. My father was a sister to Annie Pope.
I do know that he was part native American, 1/4, but not what tribe. this may be of no value to you, but it would be interesting if there was some connection.

Posted: 12 Jul 2004 2:51PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jul 2004 2:45PM GMT
Surnames: Spears, Pope, Carlock
My G-uncle was Willis Algerman Spears Married to Annie Myrtle Pope I have no documentation of Indian blood, however there was a note in a family book, that Willis mother was part Indian, do you have anything else on this. Solomon Spears and Nancy Jane Carlock were Willis parents.

Posted: 14 Jul 2004 4:19AM GMT
Edited: 15 Aug 2005 11:41PM GMT
Surnames: Spears
Received response to my quiry about Willis Spears. He was my Uncle by marriage. Annie was my Dad's sister.

Please e-mail me at: the2shoes@msn.com to exchange information

Posted: 14 Jul 2004 6:15AM GMT
Edited: 16 Jul 2004 3:54AM GMT
Surnames: Pope, Walker, Spears
Sorry, but I said that my ggrandmother was Susannah Pope, her maiden was Walker. Hope that I didn't confuse you too much. Where did the Spears family live?

Posted: 29 Jan 2014 2:06AM GMT
Surnames: Brunson Spears
I am searching for information on Obedience Spears, Cherokee Indian, married Hezekiah Brusnon. My in-laws are descendants. Please respond if you can help. Thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic