Search for content in message boards

DONNELLY FAMILY: MARTIN MARRIED BRIDGET SMITH

DONNELLY FAMILY: MARTIN MARRIED BRIDGET SMITH

Posted: 11 Oct 2012 4:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 May 2014 6:17AM GMT
Surnames: donnelly- and smith
Family from Ireland. Came to NY by ship around 1889 -1900's. Martin Donnelly ,wife Bridget Smith...married in Ireland. Parents never traveled to the USA with there daughters.
Possible place of residence CORK.Ireland
Children Tessie ,Tess, Theresa born around 1885 0r 1888...married ARTHUR KRULISH. 1910...ny ny. They had 3 children.
Catherine born in 1886 ...married Timothy Meagher...1917...ny ny. They had 2 or more children. Trying to find the decendents in Ireland...please contact me. Thanks

Re: DONNELLYFAMILY: MARTIN MARRIED BRIDGET SMITH

Posted: 8 Jun 2013 1:04PM GMT
Surnames: Donnelly/Donnellan
I tried searching for the Donnelly's in Ireland, but I needed a place of birth for them. I picked Tessie (Teresa) and tried to see if I could find out where she was born. I know from your records that she married Arthur Krulish, so that helped a little bit, because I know that she was living in New York.

I think that when Arthur died, Teresa reverted to the name Donellan, because I found a Teresa Donnellan, b 1887, aged 69, departing New York and arriving at Southampton on 17th July 1957. She was on the MAURETANIA, she was a typist, and the address she was going to was: C/o American Express, London.

The ships passenger list said she intended staying 1 month.

However, I found that a Teresa Donnellan aged 70, b 1888, had died at Carrick-on-Shannon, Co Leitrim, Ireland in 1958, and this made me wonder if Teresa had taken unwell while in the UK and had gone to Ireland.

Because she died at Carrick on Shannon, I tried to find out if a Teresa Donnellan was born there around 1888.
Surprisingly, a Teresa Donnelly was born 1st qu 1888 at Carrick-on-Shannon. Vol 3 Page 55.

It could be that the Donnellans came from there, and you may be able to get proof, perhaps. I didn't see anything for Martin and Bridget.

Do you know if Teresa was a typist? If she was, then it is more than likely to be her who made the voyage on the MAURETANIA above.

Re: DONNELLYFAMILY: MARTIN MARRIED BRIDGET SMITH

Posted: 8 Jun 2013 6:56PM GMT
thanks...but we know for a fact what happen to the relatives starting with Tessie to present day. We can't find any info from her parents in Ireland or her birth records. We know she was born in Cork or county of Cork. We have the parents name listed on her wedding cert. etc...We know she arrived to NYC with sibblings -no parents. It was never discussed.Thanks for trying.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions