Search for content in message boards

George L. Scoville

George L. Scoville

Posted: 30 Dec 2012 4:47AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Edited: 30 Dec 2012 4:52AM GMT
Surnames: Scoville, Doust
I would like to get an obit for George L. Scoville. He died Aug. 23, 1913 in Louisville, KY. I have the death cert. and am looking for an obit. He was married (first wife) to my grandmothers half sister Mary Jane Doust. Thanks so much. E. Leroy Sisk

Re: George L. Scoville

Posted: 30 Dec 2012 9:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Leroy,

Just so that you know what to expect in general, an obit from that period if it exists, is unlikely to contain anything other than barebones notice of death, location of remains for viewing (residence or funeral home), plus the time and place of the funeral. That is, no relatives are likely to be listed. This applies to non-famous non-accident deaths that did not generate a news story.

If a volunteer does not step up with an obit for you, you might contact the main branch of the Louisville Free Public Library who will do a search for you for $10 I think. Also if he was a prominent businessman or something, there might be an obit, paid or otherwise, in the Kentucky Irish American as well as in the dailies.

Posted: 3 Jan 2013 1:54AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Attached is the obit for George L. Scoville. The obit was in the Courier-Journal on August 24, 1913 in Section 1 on page 9. Although it doesn't list names of relatives I hope it helps some.
Attachments:

Posted: 19 Jul 2013 9:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank you so much for getting and doing this obit for me. I'm just now seeing it for the first time. Some how I missed the notice that anybody had answered. So I am very sorry about the delay in thanking you but thanks again it's just what I wanted.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions