Search for content in message boards

Boston, KY in 1846

Boston, KY in 1846

Posted: 1 Jan 2013 2:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McAllister/McCallister
My great-great grandmother, Mary McAllister, was born in Boston, KY, on 24 Dec 1846. Ancestry says Boston is in Jefferson County but other searches say it's Nelson county. Can you help me? I can find nothing about her prior to her coming to MN in 1869 (wife of Jacob Barge). I have her obit that says she "grew to young womanhood in her native state," so if I can find the correct 1850 census, maybe I could find her. I don't know her parents' names either. Thanks!

Re: Boston, KY in 1846

Posted: 5 Jan 2013 10:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Maybe this info will help you. On early census records of Jefferson County, Kentucky, there was a BOSTON Precinct in far north east Jefferson County, just adjacent to the Shelby County border. That area is just a couple of miles from Simpsonville in Shelby County. The 1860 census shows Mary F. McAlister, age 13, living with her mother and siblings in the Simpsonville Precinct. Check out that 1860 census for Shelby County,Ky. Living with Mary were the following siblings: D. (initial only ) age 25; Lucy 17,; George W., 15; Mildred, 11; and Harriett, 26. Evidently the father was deceased and "D", a son, was helping his mother run the farm. It is possible the farm was adjacent to the Boston Pct., thus the notation of having been born in Boston. If I can be of further help, you can E-Mail me direct at : plprph@insightbb.com Have you access to the 1885 census of Minnesota ? Jacob and Mary and their 8 children are listed on that census.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions