Search for content in message boards

Phelps Warner and Phidelia Gates

Phelps Warner and Phidelia Gates

Nancy Warner (View posts)
Posted: 26 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WARNER, GATES
Phelps Warner and Phidelia Gates were from Castleton, Rutland County VT and moved to Iowa. Need any information about either Phelps or Phidelia.

Re: Phelps Warner and Phidelia Gates

Posted: 10 Sep 2001 10:40PM GMT
Surnames: Warner, Smith
We have information. We have been in contact with his relatives in Minnessota. Are you associated with that group? I will have to get with my Aunt, but can supply you with just about all you need Starting with Phelps and out out branch.

George Smith (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 2001 11:42PM GMT
Would love to find out more information. My husband's family were all in Iowa. Phelps and Phidelia are buried in the family plot in Iowa.

We can't seem to find anything about Phelps and Phidelia except that they came from Vermont and owned the farm my husband grew up on.

Thanks in advance.

Nancy and Jim Warner

Linda Warner (View posts)
Posted: 9 Oct 2005 5:53AM GMT
Surnames: WARNER; GATES
Hope you are still associated with this board. Need information on Joel and Phidelia....

Posted: 16 Feb 2013 11:59PM GMT
Surnames: Gates Warner
`Hello. I am trying to find out more about Phidelia Gates Warner. I hope you can help. Our family legend said that we have Native American blood, but I could never find out who or where. I just found a reference to my g-g-grandmother Phidelia Gates on an Ancestry.com family tree that indicates she was a Native American adopted by Elisha Herrick Gates and his wife. I'm trying to find out more about this .. her tribe, life situation, etc.

I would appreciate any help you can give on her parents, on her, and on Joel Phelps Warner, who seemed to have 3 wives simultaneously!
Thank you!

Posted: 15 Jun 2014 9:04PM GMT
Surnames: Gates family, Phidelia
I am a direct descendant of Cyrus Gates, father of Elisha Herrick Gates married to Betsey Kingsley, mother of Phidelia Gates. Elisha and Betsey had four children: Phidelia, b. 1821, Salmon b. 1826,Don Carlos Gates b. 1824- 1892, he is my line. Horace b. 1826. Betsey died from an allergic reaction to a bee sting when she was 29 years old. Elisha married Louisa Alford in 1831 and had several more children. The Gates Family Cemetery in Castleton, Vermont has twelve Gates family members buried there, including Revolutionary War soldier, Cyrus Gates.

I do not have any indication that Phidelia was adopted, or of any Native American ancestry in our family line. I have inherited a tremendous amount of family genealogy which I am continuing to sort through and if I find anything different, I will post it. Hope this helps clear things up for you!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions