Search for content in message boards

Amon Lowery - MD and James Lowery - GA

Amon Lowery - MD and James Lowery - GA

Posted: 3 Jul 2001 2:31AM GMT
Surnames: Lowery, Lowry
Amon Lowery appears in the 1850 census in MD with his family - can find no record of him before or after that. His children are: WIlliam Hnery, James Edward, Mary Jane and Amon H. James Edward fought for the south in the War Between the States and settled in GA after the war. The 1880 census lists him as living with his mother-in-law Mary North, her son Pleasant and Jame's wife Marguerett with two children Ocieanna and Jimmie at Pine Street in Macon. In the 1900 Census he is a widower and the children are Gertrude, Mirar, William and Murray - Gertrude is the daughter listed in 1880 as Ocieanna and the son listed as Jimmie in the 1880 census is now Mirar - The ages match just the names have changed. I would like to find Amon's parents and descedants of James.

Re: Amon Lowery - MD and James Lowery - GA

Posted: 12 Jul 2001 6:13PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jan 2002 2:34AM GMT
Surnames: Lowery,Harrison,Covington,Jackson,Sewell,Gibson
Jean I am researching my wife's Lowery family basically on the Eastern Shore of MD. There are Loweries on the Western Shore of the Chesapeake but I have not connected them.
Her Lowery family is conn w/ Harrison/Covington/Jackson/Sewell/Gibson in Talbot/Dorchester/Somerset MD Co's and possibly Delaware. Early 1700's. Connect me if conn/ques. Ken R <shangmem@exis.net>
per page

Find a board about a specific topic