Surnames: Cafeo
LOOKING FOR FAMILY HISTORY FOR CAFEO
PIETRO CAFEO OR OTHER FAMOLY MEMBERS

CAFEO of SICILY EARLY 1900

Erin Glackin (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2000 1:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Nov 2009 12:12PM GMT
My Grandfather is from Messina, where there seems to be quite a few Cafeo's. He was born in 1887, seems to have imigrated to the US in 1906 or so. Who are you looking for?

CAFEO of SICILY EARLY 1900 - Guiseppe Cafeo

Posted: 20 Jul 2000 5:46AM GMT
Edited: 21 Nov 2009 12:12PM GMT
Erin, our father informs us that the Cafeo he knows of who migrated to the USA was called Guiseppe. Is this your grandfathers name? Is there any other information that you might be able to tell us from what you know about your grandfather or his father before him? Do you know where the Cafeo's orginate from?

I have previously made contact with other Cafeo's as we are trying to trace our family history. These Cafeo's are located in Cassandra, Pennsylvania. Do you happen to know of any other Cafeo relatives living in the US? We were also able to find out that there was or still is a famous Cafeo (Phillip) who played basketball - do you know anything about this person? Where in the US are you from?

Please reply as we are curious to trace our family history.

CAFEO of SICILY EARLY 1900 - Antonio Cafeo

Erin Glackin (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2000 10:25AM GMT
Edited: 21 Nov 2009 12:13PM GMT
Thanks for responding. My Grandfathers name was Antonio, he was born on Feb 7, 1887, in Messina. In searching I found Gueseppe and wondered if it was a brother. I believe I have an Uncle names Salvatore who lives in Messina now. The Cafeo's from my family all settled in a small town in Pennsylvania called Patton, in Cambria Township. My Grnadfather had 9 children and some of them still live there. Quite a few have passed on. But My Uncle Vince lives there now.

I too am trying to trace our history and both of my parents are gone so it is a lot of work.

I am in Los Angeles, California.

I have been requesting information from the US government to try and trace when my grandfather came here. My Grandmother was from Messina as well. Her name was Evelyn Gaeto.

If I can help you with your search, let me know.

CAFEO of SICILY EARLY 1900 - Antonio Cafeo

Paul Marianna Cafeo (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 2000 8:53PM GMT
Edited: 21 Nov 2009 12:13PM GMT
Hi, thanks for responding. My brother and I were wondering if you could maybe point us in the right direction. Have you found any useful sites on the internet that have helped you in your search?
There are alos another few Cafeo cousin's that we have tried picking their brians about it too. We will let you know if we come up with any new information. My father's immediate family also reside in a small town called Belvedere in Sicily. Here you will alos find a fair few Cafeo's living.

My brother and I are from Melbourne Australia.

You might wanna try also contacting the Immigration peopl in Messina as I know that before they immigrated my parents had to complete a seris of visits to get permission to leave.

I hope that this helps you in your search. Please do not hesitate to contact either my brother or myself if you want to know more.

Our e-mails: pcafeo@optusnet.com.au, Mur_n@hotmail.com

Re: CAFEO of SICILY EARLY 1900 - Guiseppe Cafeo

Posted: 21 Nov 2009 4:09AM GMT
Edited: 21 Nov 2009 12:14PM GMT
Hello from Dan Cafeo from California USA.

Guiseppe is my Dad- came over by boat with his sister and brothers to be with their Dad- Frank Cafeo, He had a winery. He was born inMessina, Scily.

Phillip Cafeo was my Mother's -brother- we called him Uncle Phil. He also was born in Messina-Scily.

Let me know if they are the Family you are looking for.

Dan Cafeo.

Re: CAFEO of SICILY EARLY 1900 - Salvatore Cafeo

Posted: 20 Feb 2010 5:46AM GMT
Edited: 20 Feb 2010 12:16PM GMT
my great granfather's name was Salvatore Cafeo. He had two brothers John and Antonio. He came to the US and John picked him up in NYC and they walked to Cresson, PA where they relocated. I live in Seattle and i am 28 yrs old. This is all according to my mom. Salvatore had two daughters, Mary and someone I refered to as aunt tete. I dont remember her name. My grandmother Mary died about 3 yrs ago in Phoenix. She had 3 daughters. Victoria, Mary,and Judith( My mother). Its crazy to know that there are other cafeos out there looking for relatives. My name is Seth Cafeo Anderson. My middle name obviously named after my great granfather.

Posted: 21 Feb 2010 8:20PM GMT
Salvatore Cafeo was not born in the city of Messina, but rather in another town in the Province of Messina.

Anthony
San Francisco

Posted: 21 Feb 2010 11:44PM GMT
thank you, do you know where exactly he was born and how do you know this

Posted: 22 Feb 2010 10:36PM GMT
Because Salvatore Cafeo is not in the Messina records. Thus it has to be in another town within the Province of Messina.

Anthony
per page

Find a board about a specific topic