Search for content in message boards

Media: 1 not complete - process error

Media: 1 not complete - process error

Posted: 25 Sep 2012 3:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have 1 instance of this after update that will not clear. I have had it a few times in the past and it would clear when I chose to try again. I have compacted, closed program, cleaned up .tmp files several times with no success. I unlinked media on what I think is the last person to attached media to in case 1 of the files is faulty. There is no info to point me to where the problem is.

Re: Media: 1 not complete - process error

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 1:03PM GMT
I also have had this since the last update, and it won't clear.

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 1:10PM GMT
Same here

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 1:38PM GMT
I've had it a couple of times lately, but it usually clears after the next edit/change/add/sync/compact cycle.

Fingers crossed I have not jinxed myself.

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 1:42PM GMT
Yes, I had it a few times before the 704 update and it would clear later with additional [try again]. This is different and it is stuck with this error. Very inadequate message with no indication what the problem is or what files are involved so I can take action.

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 11:30PM GMT
Mine actually seems to clear MORE easily since last week's patch than before.

Posted: 2 Oct 2012 12:00AM GMT
Edited: 2 Oct 2012 4:25AM GMT
If you have or can re-create the sync logs, go through and see if you can find any odd characters in the media file name. Special characters in the media name will sometimes keep them from syncing.

Posted: 3 Oct 2012 5:27AM GMT
Barbara, that's a good thought, but I have many hundreds (perhaps more than 1,000) media items with special characters in the caption and file name. I don't think that's the cause of this particular problem.

Are you experiencing a similar problem which you can reproduce? Knowing the answer to that might help those of us with this problem.

Posted: 3 Oct 2012 1:32PM GMT
If a special character in the caption is an issue, that would be even more reason that the truncation in the log would be a problem.

What I'm finding is that I will get the message "Media: 2 not complete - process error" about 1 sync in 10. Before the last patch, clicking on the pop-up error message just closed the pop-up box and did nothing about the actual error.

Now, since the last patch, the green "media processing" bar returns when the pop-up is closed, and then I get the "media complete" message.

Posted: 3 Oct 2012 2:25PM GMT
Yes, I used to be able to clear the process error by clicking on try again and the bar would appear briefly and then report media complete. After the update I apparently have a problem with 1 media file that will not process no matter what I do. I have scrolled through my media gallery and don't see anything that would flag a problem. What's needed on all errors of this type is a popup that prints and details what the problem is and the files involved. I opened the syc log and it is useless and meaningless to humans. I can only guess that it involves: bad file name or caption, wrong file type, duplicate file, corrupt file. (although all seem to open and view in FTM)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic