Search for content in message boards

Slavens in Ireland

Slavens in Ireland

Billie J.Fletcher (View posts)
Posted: 7 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Slavens, Slavin, Slaven, Slavins, Stuart, Stewart
Searching for information on JOHN SLAVENS: b.1723 in Tyrone County, Ireland.Would like information on his parents, siblings, what he did for a living, when he left for the Colonies, or any other facts would be very much appreciated.
Searching for information on ELIZABETH STUART OR STEWART: b.1726 in Scotland. Her father's name is JOHN STUART or STEWART. She was sentenced to deportation to the Colonies in 1738, she was transported in 1739 from Dorsetshire to Virginia. Does anyone know why she was sentenced. Any information about her parents, siblings, or any other facts very much appreciated. Thank you.

John Slaven

Barb (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
John Slaven wasmy greatgggggrandfather from Tyrone Co Province of ulster,Ireland born in 1723landedin N.Y. 1740 diedJuly 18th 1802 in Meadowdale,Va Buried Slaven: Burialground Highland Va.for more info contact me

Slaven line

Posted: 30 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 7 Aug 2001 6:46PM GMT
Surnames: Slaven
Could John be related in anyway to Bernard Slaven born in Ireland about 1838. Married Bridget McGrath in January 24, 1883 in Philadelphia, PA. They were my Mother's Grandparents. Thanks for any help

Re: Slavens in Ireland

Posted: 1 Aug 2001 3:14AM GMT
Edited: 24 Mar 2005 2:56AM GMT
Surnames: Slavens
John Slavens came from Ireland but he was John O'Laverty then, he came to america before he was 21 years old. Settled in VA, married Elizabeth Stuart. Changed his name to Slavin. Later changed to Slaven. A son named Isaiah (which is my descendant) added the 's'.

Re: John Slaven

Terry Sasko (View posts)
Posted: 11 Nov 2001 3:40AM GMT
Hi! I'm a descendant of Richard Harve Slaven who married Susanna Mabel Mounts in Garrard Co. KY Sept. 17, 1798. I can't seem to find any parents for Richard. Do you have him in your records. Thanks for your help. Terry

terry sasko (View posts)
Posted: 30 Mar 2002 5:01AM GMT
Hi! How do you know John Slavens name was John O'Laverty? And why did he change his name? Thanks! Terry

Posted: 2 Apr 2002 4:07AM GMT
Edited: 24 Mar 2005 2:56AM GMT
I inherited my grandmother's diary and she was married to Louis Slavens. John O'Laverty came to America before he was 21 and settled in Virginia and married Elizabeth Stuart, changed his name to Slavin, later changed it to Slaven. A son named Isaiah added the S.

Re: Slavens in Virginia- John of Ulster

Jn S (View posts)
Posted: 28 May 2002 7:07PM GMT
Surnames: Slavens, Slaven, Rountree,Stanley
Your e-mail address bounced so I'm posting
You may have already received this from several people but here are 2 main
sources on John Slavin(Slaven) of Ulster.
T.H. Slavens, Descendants of John Slavin. F. L. Slaven, Descendants of John
Slavin
Check any LDS family center. You can order Microf and read and copy
both. I do not have any Slavens books. Going to local LDS center is how I did it.
There is also Luther Jones Slavens memoir on the history of Slavens family,in Springfield MO library, particularly focusing on children of James Hervey Slavens of Missouri.

Elizabeth Stuart Slavens-Scotland or Dorestshire

Jn S (View posts)
Posted: 28 May 2002 7:29PM GMT
Surnames: Slavens, Rountree, Hendrix, Stanley
The Slavens Bible:PRINTED EDINBURG– PRINTED BY ADRIAN WATKIN HIS MAJESTY'S PRINTER MDCCXLVI ” seems to indicate a Scottish family. Supposedly Elisabeth Stuart came from Scotland, as did her father Daniel Stuart.
What's your source for Dorsetshire as port of departure? The indentured servant story I have read before.

Posted: 21 Sep 2003 6:39PM GMT
Edited: 27 Sep 2003 3:41AM GMT
Surnames: Slavens
Is this Slaven related to William S Slavens? Born Sept. 15, 1789 and married Elizabeth Elsbury born in 1795?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic