Search for content in message boards

Sicily - LoCicero Capitano Families

Vienna Santisteban (View posts)
Posted: 24 Nov 1999 8:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Jan 2010 2:22PM GMT
Surnames: LoCicero, Capitano
My grandparents were both Italian immigrants who came to the US in the 1890's and settled in Tampa, Florida. My grandfather was Vincenzo LoCicero from Alessandria de la Rocca and my grandmother was Domenica Capitano LoCicero born in Santo Steffano.
I am looking for any family ties in Sicily, Italy or US.

Louis J. Capponi (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2000 3:06PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jan 2010 2:22PM GMT
Hi I'm Madeline LoCicero Capponi's youngest son. I immagine your grandfather Vincenzo was my Great Grandfather Filippo LoCicero's Brother. I though he married Mariana Valenti Luglio. but what do i know. I'm just trying to get my mother on line and checking out this whold geneology thing. I'm going to Sicily with some friends in March so i want to get familiar since i'll try to visit the Alessandria De La Rocca.

Louis Capponi (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jan 2000 5:33PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jan 2010 2:23PM GMT
Louis....I'd like to know more about your family. We have two Fillipo LoCicero's in our family. One is the son of my grandfather Vincenzo, and the other may be a great uncle...I'm not sure. I remember my mother "Lily" speaking of her cousin Madeline LoCicero. Where does your family reside in the U.S.? Can I reach you via email?

Louis J. Capponi, MD (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2000 8:48PM GMT
hi

my e-mail address in LJCMDNYC@aol.com I spoke with my mother. now i see that your grandfather was probably my Great Great grandfather felice Locicero's nephew. your Great grandfather being Bennardo LoCicero born in 1825 and married to Elisa Piazza who bore seven children, one of whome was Vincenzo Locicero....

my grandmother is also related and is, in fact, a LoCicero as well. She is Rosina (rosa) Locicero, daughter of Felice LoCicero and Elisa Locicero Sei Giugno (b. 1893) who was the daughter of your Grandfathers Brother Felice LoCicero (b. 1870)

it gets pretty complicated because my grandparents were cousins both with the LoCicero Name and my Grandparents Parents were both related (though more distantly) and both males were LoCicero's.

let me know what you think and send your e-mail.

keep in touch.

Lou Capponi

Louis Capponi (LoCicero) (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jan 2000 1:02PM GMT
Hi, i posted a response to your last message but have not heard from you. Please send me e-mail with your e-mail address. I spoke with my mother (who is now on line). She as a picture of your grandfather vincenzo LoCicero and Dominica Capitano (? wedding).

A correction. I previously reported that i though my my grandmother, Rosina (rosa) Locicero, was the daughter of Felice LoCicero and Elisa Locicero b. 1893. However, that is incorrect. She was the daughter of Felice LoCicero and Maddalena Guida. Felice LoCicero is a brother of Vincenzo, your grandfather. They were five brothers and two sisters some came to NY and then went to tampa. Others went to Argentina and ? one stayed in Italy.

I look forward to receiving you e-mail reply.

Lou Capponi LJCMDNYC@aol.com

andrea capitano (View posts)
Posted: 8 Nov 2000 6:10PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jan 2010 2:24PM GMT
i am from tampa fl my father was born here and his father was from sicily i would like any info on family genealogy u could give me

Re: Sicily - LoCicero Capitano Families

Posted: 9 Jan 2010 4:43AM GMT
Hi

I don't know who posted this in 2000, but I just came across it. My great grandfather is Felece LoCicero.

Louis Capponi

Re: LoCicero Family with corrections.

Posted: 9 Jan 2010 4:46AM GMT
now I remember...it was me! Duh!

Posted: 9 Jan 2010 4:53AM GMT
Hi,

Did you ever (like 10 years ago) connect with my mother (Madeline LoCicero)?

Louis Capponi

LJCMDNYC@aol.com

Posted: 18 Apr 2010 3:28AM GMT
hi, i was just browsing the internet and was typing in my last name into google to see if i could find any history on my last name. and the first link was your post on this website inquiring. i live in canada and am pretty sure that there are basically no other lociceros in this country, just curious is all as it seems that you know way more about locicero history then I. thank you and i hope this email reaches you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic