Search for content in message boards

Briscoe families of Tipperary/ Kilkenny Co.

Briscoe families of Tipperary/ Kilkenny Co.

Posted: 25 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Sep 2003 9:27AM GMT
Surnames: Briscoe, Whitby
My husband Briscoe line in Ireland goes back to Briscoe in Crofton hall Cumbria Eng. They came over to Ireland in the 1600s. I'm really interested in the Henry Whitby Briscoe family of Tinvane House Carrick on Suir. John Briscoe m Mary Jane Whitby in 1750, Henry Briscoe m Margaret Sneyd in 1775, Henry Briscoe m Alicia White in 1808, Henry Briscoe m Deborah Shaw in 1835, Arthur Wellesley Briscoe m 1st Fanny Plunkett Keogh in 1869, 2nd Josephine Charlotte Wilson in 1896. There must be other's researching these families. I would love to exchange info.

Re: Briscoe families of Tipperary/ Kilkenny Co.

Posted: 21 Mar 2013 1:58PM GMT
Edited: 21 Mar 2013 2:00PM GMT
Surnames: Briscoe, Haran, Nash
I am researching the Briscoe side of the family. My branch, I believe, comes down through W. H. Briscoe, s. of H. W. Briscoe & Deborah Shaw. My grt gma is Deborah Mary Briscoe, b. 1890, m. Frederick Arthur Haran 3 March 1911 according to this:

http://www.roscommonpeople.ie/itemdetail.asp?itemID=17293&am...

I am trying to find Deborah Mary Briscoe's birth certificate with her parents on it, but have hit a wall.Thank you very much for look at this post.

Posted: 22 Mar 2013 12:10AM GMT
I'm not sure now where I got Deborah birth date from. I have 21 Sep 1890 born at Tinvane but I notice on FamilySearch site her birth is registered at Limerick. I may have got it from a Fred McDermott who is also a grandson. All my dates for the Briscoe names have come from the net,2 visits to Joyce House in Dublin in 1995 & 2005, family trees on the net and contact from Briscoe relatives.

Posted: 23 Mar 2013 10:31PM GMT
Surnames: Briscoe
Wills;
---
Henry Briscoe; 1834 Tinvane House
Henry Briscoe; 1808 Turvane
---
Deaths;
--
Henry Briscoe; 7/2/1834
Tinvane House, near Carrick-On-Suir
Magistrate of Kilkenny & Tipperary

Mrs Briscoe; 12/4/1816 Carrick-On-Suir
wife of Henry

Jane Briscoe; 1852
relict of J Briscoe
Tinvane Co Kilkenny
=====================
Jack
http://www.genealogylaois.com

Posted: 24 Mar 2013 12:44PM GMT
Thank you very much for your reply. Do you happen to have anything on Deborah Mary Briscoe, b. 21 Sept 1890. I was able to find her birth index/registration on Familysearch.org, though her parents were not listed. I was able to find her father through the link I put in my earlier post in regards to her wedding on 3 Mar 1911. Finding this will truly legitimize or negate the link to the rest of the Briscoes. Many thanks for your help and interest.

Posted: 24 Mar 2013 12:46PM GMT
I guess I will need to, some day, go to Dublin where her birth record is stored and look at it myself. Maybe they will have it online someday. Many Thanks for your help.

Posted: 12 Nov 2013 6:32AM GMT
Edited: 12 Nov 2013 6:39PM GMT
Surnames: Briscoe, Haran, McDermott, nash,
Please contact me. Im Brigid mcdemott-Goode ( Fred McDermott's daughter ) Deborah Harans great grandaughter . would really like to speak with you about what you've found out, and share pics and info. i know you're my cousin,I think Theresa... maybe lol. you can also find me on facebook. im including a pic of Mary Haran-McDermott and her husband james mcdermott, my grandparents, her daughter. dying to know whom this is, lol. thanks Brigid
Attachments:

Posted: 12 Nov 2013 6:37AM GMT
Edited: 12 Nov 2013 6:42PM GMT
Surnames: Briscoe, Haran, McDermott, nash, shaw
lots of info on this link ive included below that goes way back in the briscoe family history. also i see above chrisdods states Deborah is born in 1890, she was actually born 1889 including headstone pic where she is buried with my grandmother and her husband, in huntington, Ny

http://www.dowleyhistory.com/briscoe-history/

picture and info on Tinvane house :

http://landedestates.nuigalway.ie/LandedEstates/jsp/estate-s...
Attachments:

Posted: 26 Jan 2014 9:26PM GMT
Hello, it has been a while since I have had a chance to view my posts. Thank you sooo much for the wonderful information. I hope to incorporate it shortly. Could you tell me how we are possibly related? I am Christine. My mom is Mary Haran, gma & gpa are Lois (Newman) & Eugene Haran & my great gma and gpa are Deborah (Briscoe) & Frederick Haran. Hope that make sense. Thank you again for the info. Christine.

Posted: 26 Jan 2014 9:28PM GMT
Sorry I had not been in contact. I am Christine. Theresa is my younger sister. I've sent details about my lineage in a previous post. Yes. It would be wonderful to talk.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions