Search for content in message boards

Martinez Family - Cerritos, San Luis Potosi, Mexico

Martinez Family - Cerritos, San Luis Potosi, Mexico

Posted: 21 Aug 2009 5:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Martinez, Anaya, Montecinos or Montesinos, Zuniga
I am looking for anyone that has any information on the MARTINEZ family from Cerritos, San Luis Potosi, Mexico.

My Great-Grandparents were Rafael Martinez and Elodia Castillo from Cerritos, San Luis Potosi, Mexico. Together they had 10 children.

1. Maria Martinez (a.k.a. Maruca) Born in 1897'ish - Think her husbands name was Fernando Anaya. Together they had 8 kids that I have names on as listed below:
1. Graciela Anaya,
2. Celia Anaya,
3. Delia Anaya,
4. Francisco Antonio Anaya,
5. Maria Del La Luz Anaya,
6. Jose Luis Anaya,
7. Guillermo Anaya and

8.Benjamin Anaya that married a woman named Lupe on January 28, 1949. Benjamin was also in the Military.....Not sure what branch. I have a a picture from his wedding and a picture of him in his uniform.

2. Asuncion Martinez -(aka- Concha) - Married Julio Montecinos - Lived on a ranch somewhere in Mexico. Together they had a daughter named: Maria Teresa Montesinos

3. Gregoria - Baby that died at 2 yrs old (I think)

4. Jesus Martinez -(aka - Chuey) Not sure of wifes name. I want to say her Maiden name was Zuniga. Together they had a daughter named: Maria De Guadalupe Martinez

5. Ignacia Martinez- (aka Chita) - B: 1900 -D: 1964- Came to US in the 1920's - Never Married

6. Jose Martinez- (aka. Pepe) - B:1905- D:1969 -Came to the US in early 20's.

7. Rafael Martinez -(aka. Rafa) - B:1909 - D: 1967 -Came to US in early 20's- Married Tomasa Coronado: had one daughter Maria del Carmen Martinez.

8. Consuelo Martinez- (aka. Chelo)- B: 1913 - D:2009 - Came to US in the 20's. - Never Married.

9. Esperanza Martinez- (aka. Pera) - B:1915 and still living. Came to US in the 20's- Married Andres Sepulveda and had 4 children:

10. Baby Boy that was stillborn

The story is that my Great-Grandmother Elodia died not long after the death of her last child. I know that my great-Grandfather is buried in Cerritos. (have a picture of his graveside from about 1957)

Brothers, Rafael, Jose and possibly Jesus came to the states to find work and would send money to the family in Mexico. Eventually, they sent for Ignacia, Consuelo and Esperaza to come live in the United states. They resided in Houston, Texas for over 80 years. Consuelo recently passed away on August 5, 2009 at 96 years of age. The only Sibling left is Esperanza Martinez Sepulveda. She is now 94.

I believe we may have cousins in San Antonio, Texas also...Surnames included in this post are: MARTINEZ, CASTILLO, ANAYA, MONTESINOS or MONTECINOS.

My name is Lorenda Rios-Groce: I am the Great-Granddaughter of Rafael & Elodia Martinez. Daughter of Maria Del Carmen Martinez (Rafael Jr's Daughter)

I would appreciate any help I can get. I'd really like to find our family. I have plenty of pictures to share.

LRGroce

Re: Martinez Family - Cerritos, San Luis Potosi, Mexico

Posted: 6 Jun 2010 10:45PM GMT
I also come from a family from Cerritos, S.L.P. and am directly related to some Martinez's. They reside in California and I know that several reside in the Valley (San Juan, Tx) & i know for a fact that several of them packed their bags and left Cerritos and relocated in Monterey, Nuevo Leon.

I am currently looking for any information on my maternal side, Coca. Please help if you know anything.

Posted: 3 Nov 2010 6:43PM GMT
My family is from Cerritos San Luis Potosi, Mexico. Both my parents were born there in 1943. They moved back and forth from Chicago IL and mexico in the 1960s. They owned and operated a restaurant simultaneously in the 1970s in the main plaza in Cerritos while my father would work in the U.S. and my mom and my sisters would work the restaurant.

My fathers maiden name was Martinez and my moms maiden name was nieto. My last living grandparent is living currently living in mexico. Her name is Ventura Martinez, she is in her 90s and living pretty near to the cemetery several blocks away. My dads brother, my uncle owns the mall in the main plaza called Casa Martinez. Perhaps we are related further back in the family tree? write back.

Posted: 25 Apr 2011 11:21PM GMT
Surnames: Martinez and Dominguez
Looking for information on Florence Martinez and her husband Martin Dominguez- estimate that they were born in about 1850 as their children Arnoldo Carlos and Daniel were born about 1884- 1885 in St Luis Potosi Mexico. Appreciate any information.

Historycf@bellsouth.net

Posted: 18 Jan 2012 9:37PM GMT
My name is Laura Martinez, daughter of Rafael Martinez and Isabel Guerrero Flores, both from Cerritos, San Luis Potosi.
My father father was Jose Martinez and his mother name was Petra Martinez. My grandfather Jose Martinez was killed in aa car accident on his way over here from Cerritos. He was wwith my mother when this happened. I know that I have uncles in Galveston, TX. an aunt tht lives in Chihuahua, and another uncle Eloy Martinez that lives in West Covina, Ca. I don't whether we have any relaionship between use but it would be nice to know if we do.

Posted: 6 Feb 2012 12:51AM GMT
Hi Laura,
Sorry for the late reply. I agree that it would be nice to know if we were related. I know we have to have a lot of cousins out there, finding them is the problem. I sure would LOVE to find family from the Martinez side. I'm thinking that if Rafael (your father) was from Cerritos. It is VERY possible that we are related but we'd have to find the link. the Jose Martinez I have mention died here in Houston in the late 1960's from a head injury.

My Mom remembers someone in the family that worked for Coca-Cola in Cerritos. I'm still looking so keep me posted if you find out anything else. My regular email is rlorenda@aol.com

Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks

Lorenda Rios-Groce

Posted: 5 Mar 2012 2:27AM GMT
hello im son of the lady from chihuahua if you have the time and ypu cant contact you have my email
my mom name its elva martinez if yoi want to ask your familiy they will know who she is
regard

Posted: 5 Mar 2012 2:27AM GMT
hello im son of the lady from chihuahua if you have the time and ypu cant contact you have my email
my mom name its elva martinez if yoi want to ask your familiy they will know who she is
regard

Posted: 25 Apr 2012 3:40AM GMT
Hi Ruben,
Thanks for your reply. I'd love to speak to your Mom but I didn't get an email address for you. Please email me at
rlorenda@aol.com so we can communicate further.

Thanks!

Posted: 25 Apr 2012 3:54AM GMT
Hi Ricky,
I am not sure if I ever replied to this message and if I didn't, I am not sure why and I apologize if I didn't.

My Mom remembers a cousin or someone that worked for the Coca-Cola plant there in Cerritos. Is there only one cemeterey there? I have a pic of my Mom in the cemetery visiting my Great-Grandfather's grave site in the 1950's.

The Martinez siblings that moved to Texas did so in the 1920-1930's and stayed here in Houston until they passed. The last two sisters, Consuelo and Esperanza passed in 2009. I don't know why "Nieto" is ringing a bell with me. I can almost bet that we are related somewhere back in the family tree. Finding out where and how exactly is the hard part. What was the name of the restaurant your parents owned? Hope to hear from you soon!

Let me know if you find anything. What
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions