Search for content in message boards

Marriage William Sanguily and Sarah Dawes 1872

Marriage William Sanguily and Sarah Dawes 1872

Posted: 21 Mar 2013 11:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have found a record on LDS indicating that William Sanguily and Sarah Dawes were married in San Francisco in 1872. Any one able to advise where I can look to confirm this?

Re: Marriage William Sanguily and Sarah Dawes 1872

Posted: 21 Mar 2013 9:03PM GMT
What source are you referring to when you say "on LDS"? Was this the Western States Marriages database? If so, it usually says what the source record was.

Posted: 22 Mar 2013 5:16AM GMT
When I perform a search on familysearch.org I can see a record

William Murdock Sanguily
Wife
Sarah Agnes Dawes
Events
Marriage
8 JUL 1872
San Francisco, California, USA

Is there any way I can verify this as it says it was added by family search. Do you think there would be a microfiche record somewhere?

Posted: 22 Mar 2013 5:47AM GMT
I would first try calling the San Francisco Historical Society and asking what records they have and where else they would recommend calling (e.g., Native Sons - or Native Daughters - of the Golden West). They should be able to tell you what repositories exist and how to get access. You might also want to try the same with surrounding counties if that doesn't work, in case "San Francisco" actually means "San Francisco area." You also might want to ask about the best way to search local newspapers from that time, to see whether there might have been a published announcement.

Posted: 22 Mar 2013 7:24AM GMT
Thank you for the information. I will have to get some email addresses as I do not live in the US. I do appreciate your time
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions