Search for content in message boards

Elizabeth Callaway

Elizabeth Callaway

Posted: 4 Aug 2012 5:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello I am looking for my GGGrandmother family. Her name was Elizabeth Callaway and i checked the 1880 census and it tells me that she was widowed and has two children. I can't find any other info other than she was 22yrs old at the time of the census and that she was born in 1858 in south Ga. Can anyone please help me with this info.
Thanks
Kevin

Re: Elizabeth Callaway

Posted: 7 Aug 2012 2:58PM GMT
Surnames: Callaway
Hi Kevin,
In order to offer any help more information is needed. Elizabeth Callaway's maiden name, date of birth, place of birth, who and when she married and locations. Any of this might provide enough to do some further research.
Donna Morgan
Callaway Family Association
http://www.callawayfamily.org

Posted: 7 Aug 2012 11:46PM GMT
Dear Donna,
Here is what i have gathered from the census of 1880 Elizabeth Callaway was widowed and had two children. The first child was beauavista Callaway and Willis Callaway.
Beauvista was 3 yrs old at the time of the 1880 census and Willis was only 1 yrs old. Willis real name is Willis Ira Callaway I have gotten that far on our family tree. Elizabeth was born in 1858 down in what is now Bleckley Ga, Back when she was born it not called Bleckley.Elizabeth lived in Lovejoy Ga in henry county. I dont have any information on her death nor if she ever remarried.

I can tell you this, My Grandfather was named Julian Clyde Callaway Sr. He was a Methodist Preacher and was the North Ga Methodist Supertant he died when i was 1yrs old and that is all i know bout him. Any and all information that i have obtained is through a find a grave web site and Ancestery records. I have hit a dead end on Elizabeth Callaway. If you have any records of her it would greatly help us expand our family. Does this help you with what i am asking for?

Posted: 8 Aug 2012 2:10PM GMT
Hello Kevin,
It seems certain that Elizabeth's maiden name is Barnett. She is living next door to Barnetts on the 1880 census, probably her mother and two brothers. Her husband was Willis Callaway. He is a descendant of Peter Callaway, the US Immigrant who came from England and settled in Maryland in the 1600s. Here is the line of descent father to son:
Peter Callaway,
John Callaway,
John Callaway, Jr.,
Levin Callaway,
Levin Callaway, Jr.,
Elisha Hall Callaway,
William J. Callaway,
Willis Callaway.
Donna

Posted: 11 Aug 2012 3:43AM GMT
Was doing a search on my name and it does not show up on the roots web do we have to do something to have our family on there.

Are we(my family) related to the Callaway Gardens of Pine Mountain Ga. and if we are where is the link to us and them?

thanks
Kevin Callaway

Posted: 11 Aug 2012 1:52PM GMT
Callaway Family Association protects the privacy of people who are living, so you won't see yourself in our files.

Your family line came to Georgia from Maryland and settled in Henry County. The Callaway Gardens family line came from Maryland and settled in Troup and surrounding counties. So while both family lines are descended from the US Immigrant Peter Callaway, you are not closely related.

Posted: 11 Aug 2012 2:30PM GMT
Hey Donna,
is there a book on the Callaway family? And if so how much is it and does it talk bout the descendents over in England?

Posted: 12 Aug 2012 2:42AM GMT
Hey Donna,
I have a question on Callaway Peter II, he had 12 children and his Second daughter Elizabeth Callaway got married to one Thomas Parremore. But then Elizabeth sister Sarah marries a one woodson and then you see later that she married the same Thomas Parremore is that not the same Thomas Parremore that Elizabeth married??? Do you know if Elizabeth divorced him or did something happen?
Kevin
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions